Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:40:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So about the Calliope...  (Read 7294 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« on: October 23, 2012, 08:09:38 am »

I seem to be on a bit of a roll looking at the mid grade artillery pieces so I thought I'd take a look at the Calliope too.

The biggest issue with the Calliope at the moment is that it stands on two sides of extreme. It's either extremely useful or not very useful at all and it all hinges on the T4 that you choose. Obviously, the T4 in question is USK to give the Calliope it's main gun and standardise it's critical table to that of normal tanks (Instead of the supply truck criticals it normally has, which allows for engine damage at full health from the front, for example). Throw in the reduced damage as well from the T4 and the Calliope becomes a competent mainline fighter which can dispose of offending support weapons as they become a problem (Being on the front lines, the barrage is liable to take out whatever it hits thanks to the reduced spread the closer to the target you get).

My proposal is thus:

Remove the ability for the Calliope to get it's main gun back. The allure of the Calliope is that it has the health and armour of a tank, if something catches it then it can survive long enough for help to arrive or to GTFO under it's own power.

Now, we have the issue that the Calliope really isn't worth a 12 pop investment without it's maingun. To this, I say bring it down to 10 pop like the Priest and Hummel.

Finally, allow it to regain dual rocket racks through doctrine selection so that it can improve upon it's ability to be an artillery piece like every other artillery piece can. Voila, the Calliope is now an actual artillery piece rather than a tank that can sod off pak's on a dime and carry on gunning. Hell, other funky things could also be done to it's barrage via doctrines such as fewer and more powerful rounds, or the aforementioned dual rocket racks for an effective barrage at ranges other than short and short-medium ranges. (Dual rocket racks was +100% more rockets per barrage if I recall btw)

The fuel cost could also be brought down from 365 to the 300/320 mark like the Priest/Hummel, but that much isn't as essential.

In a nutshell, stop making it a tank and make it into a piece of artillery.

Thoughts?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:39:42 am »

yea, that would make it a lot more fair to use, giving it main gun is just stupid due to it then having the ability to counter most of the PE arty counters while still being able to Bombard the enemy attack force without having to fall back.
this would also make it pop effective in tearms of normal arty but i would hardly thing that Dual rack is T4 worthy, more like a t3 of all things.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:46:14 am »

A nice T3 would be a rate of fire increase, you could stick one buff in one t3 and one in the other, like the hummel for example.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 09:59:53 am »

I agree. Here's a few more ideas.

1. Callie Slug - Barrage has smaller cone of fire.
2. Double barrel's - fires double the amount of rockets in the same amount of time.
3. Callie Angel - Callie fires rockets at a 60 degree angel instead of 30, rockets rain from above.

could all be t3's

and please just change the armor type of the callie to tank permanently, its silly that it has truck armor.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 12:56:31 pm »

I miss drr so much!

I agree you. Look at the other t4 s and you wonder why you would bother with the calling. I think DDR should be put in with the top t4 and he rounds usk. Calling should be needed just a little. Too many Buffals.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 02:02:36 pm »

Autocorrect at work.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 02:14:10 pm »

This sounds like another good suggestion, i'll pass it on.

Common sense is not so common after all.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 02:46:14 pm »

Dual rocket racks will be too powerful. The Calliope barrage is already one of the strongest artillery in the game.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 03:03:15 pm »

This sounds like another good suggestion, i'll pass it on.

yay, pq for president.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 03:40:48 pm »

Face palm on what my auto correct is doing to my responses
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 05:29:47 pm »

Dual racks with out a cost would be OP.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »

Then give it a cost.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 06:48:38 pm »

Dual racks with out a cost would be OP.

Not as OP as granting, without cost, an artillery piece a gun, 10 times better criticals and 15% more health, alongside other buffs for other units.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 06:51:59 pm »

We did not give the calli a free gun.

We just made the rocket racks attached to a normal sherman, just a tad cheaper. Wink

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 07:35:13 pm »

objection.jpg

If that were true the T4 "Sherman with Calliope Racks Attached" would be able to purchase the Sherman Mineflail, M2HB .50 Cal and 76mm Up-Gun upgrades.

Lawyer'ed.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 07:49:26 pm »

tbfh, my objection is more that you made the calli a piece of junk without USK rather than USK being overpowered.

Yay for mandated doctrines for a unit to be even moderately cost effective, it's like the bigger, nastier brother of firestorm nebelwerfers.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 08:48:40 pm »

I would like to see changes along what you are suggesting. Something to make the Calliope more useful base and more ways to improve it as an artillery piece so things like cooldown reductions or missile number increases or reduced spread would all be interesting and useful doctrine buffs.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 09:38:08 pm »

Give it a sherman main gun. Uhhh wait.........

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 10:00:23 pm »

Give it flank speed and heavy crush. Trust me

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 02:08:21 am »

Let it keep the main gun, but increase its cost.
so it stops being a sherman with rockets and becomes an arty piece that can bite back.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc