Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:40:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first impressions of eir balancing at the moment  (Read 12437 times)
Sever5 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:40 am »

First of all
im not a Pro in this Mod
i dont play this mod much because of the skill u need to rule in this game. this makes it more a challange than a game for me
i liked to play axis in earlier times, because i was always a fan of their tanks
i played always better with allies than with axis. may because it was clearer wich rule the units had, idk... but i always liked playing germans
...and this is only a feedback/first impression...

i didnt play eir for a long time... mostly i used tigers and volks with fausts and mines... now, playing again since a half year, nothing works of what im used to...
my impression is that tigers have less damage and way more loading time and faust do like 20% of the former damage... the german infantry is not that tough as they were... i know there were some changes but for me it feels like the axis got nerfed to hard or the allies got too much buffs... everytime i get owned by this howitzer shot wich near every tank is throuwing at my inf... not only that my at got nerfed and inf is less tough, the allies can now shot this stuff at them and/or roadkill them more easily
i dont know if its just me, but especialy this howitzershot makes the allied tank to jack of all trades.

...when i start thinkin about the tiger... either he does less damage to inf or the allied inf doesnt take that much damage like they did in earlier times...

however... as a newbe its impossible to play axis... i played some games and won all with allies(2) and lost all with axis(7)

another thing is this advantages system... the old one was more fair than this... because the superior on the warmap can now just overrun with 1 complete callin since they got those units more than the enemy, wich makes a huge difference in combat ballance. it should be more like that its easier to get the ressources unlocked the more u have territories of this ressource... or something like that...

so i gues there is there is more i could think of but this is just a short overview of the biggest things i can think of

greetz
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:12:40 am »

I almost thought this was a nug thread when I first started reading.

You should try to play a lot more allied games, or rather, a lot more games in general before deciding axis is UP and allied is OP.

And the new advantages system isn't supposed to be fair. Your supposed to have a advantage because they want you to push the other team to their spawn point.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:15:59 am by DarkSoldierX » Logged

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:24:05 am »

normally new players complain that the side they were facing is OP in a certain way. So first of all i have to agree, try allies brah.

second if u have made sucha long break, there has been alot changed i guess so learn to get experience with the new circumstances.

But i can rly recommend u not to use the tiger. There i have to agree with u, tiger is super bad these days (patches). Try something new and collect experience. Give urself a bit time to get used to the current state.

Good to have u back man =)

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:43:09 am »

Well first of all, Sherman HE rounds and Calliope main gun are not balanced. The Calliope with main gun is essentially 24 pop in a 12 pop unit. HE rounds for shermans recently received a large buff, compared to the Stuh it has all of the strengths but none of the weaknesses.

As for the warmap, it's a stalemate, so it doesn't really benefit anyone.

As for the Tiger, I don't think it's underpowered. But you need double repairs to make full use of it.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:48:19 am »

Hi Sever5, 

Welcome Back. We really appreciate the input, especially from a fresh perspective....kinda

I would suggest a couple of things. If you came back to the mod and are just playing exactly the same way you did when you left, you may encounter some issues. Things have changed (whether good or bad can be argued) so you need to be adaptive.

That being said, sometimes our community and Dev team can get narrow viewed. We are so used to a certain meta game or style, that we tend to balance, or complain about balance accordingly: Familiarity can create contempt and complacency.

Sometimes people can write off new player feedback as inexperienced or 'learn to play', but it is important for us to listen to what you have to say and take note. If a common concern is brought up on a consistent bases, we would be fools not to address it.

Have fun!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:48 pm »

yeah dont use a tiger, they just aren't worth it right now. probably only 2-3 players actually use tigers well at the moment.

as for everything else, its hard to say what is balanced unless you are playing with balanced teams, something that doesn't happen too often, since there's a lack of players. plus you're right, there's a big learning curve here, between making sure you pick a doctrine that works with you play style (and hopefully getting a doctrine that actually works) and the micro it takes things will seem very unfair until you get back in the groove.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 12:43:31 pm »

Both sides have their OP docs (Terror and Infantry being the biggest offenders) while the OF factions are meh at best.

Stay away from the Tiger right now, its just utter garbage atm.

the micro it takes things will seem very unfair until you get back in the groove.

+1

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Sever5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

ok, then... if the devs want to change something, change the tiger... pls, i want him back... atm he fullfills no role and i dont want him to be such a jack of all trades like the usa tanks... just that he has something he is good in...
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 12:53:03 pm »

The Tiger's workable at the moment, you just need a very specific skillset and the right company build to make it work.

Personally I've found top and bottom T3's to work best doctrine-wise, the extra acc from the bottom T3 and the accel from the top work wonders. Throw in the rotate/shoot whilst repairing and the thing aint screwed when it has to go back and patch up.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 01:21:56 pm »

and the right company build to make it work.

may i hear ur secret?
M1d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 01:44:49 pm »

everytime i get owned by this howitzer shot wich near every tank is throuwing at my inf.. i dont know if its just me, but especialy this howitzershot makes the allied tank to jack of all trades.

Tbh Server, I think you may be basing this comment a little too much off the game we played last night where "TheWindCriesMary" and "Bolt9" were spamming AVRE's, Imho.. It was enough to make some of EiR:R's better players scream "OP AVRE!!!!"

They were fuckin' brutal! Rofl.

Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 01:58:18 pm »

I almost thought this was a nug thread when I first started reading.

You should try to play a lot more allied games, or rather, a lot more games in general before deciding axis is UP and allied is OP.

And the new advantages system isn't supposed to be fair. Your supposed to have a advantage because they want you to push the other team to their spawn point.

u r stupid and u aint know wut u r talking about

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Sever5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »

Tbh Server, I think you may be basing this comment a little too much off the game we played last night where "TheWindCriesMary" and "Bolt9" were spamming AVRE's, Imho.. It was enough to make some of EiR:R's better players scream "OP AVRE!!!!"

They were fuckin' brutal! Rofl.

no ^^ it was obvious that those where op or the players were knowing what they were abusing ;P its just that i lost most games through just spaming of allied tanks and/or infantrie in critical situations, more than once in a game. of cause that means those player know what they were doing, catching the right situation, but u dont need too much practice in eir for that. in those situation they only had to spam and use a bit micro to easily overwhelm.

- still, i have to admit it also was so overwhelming because of a lack of skill and experience in eir on my side
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:12:42 pm by Sever5 » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 02:33:29 pm »

Try HE shermans yourself. They are not that good. They just look ridiculous because of the howitzer animation

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Sever5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »

Try HE shermans yourself. They are not that good. They just look ridiculous because of the howitzer animation

na... normaly when i have the situation with 2 inf squads against a sherman they could at least shot with a faust or shrek and the tank only hits 1 or 2 of the squad per shot. now, when facing this situation they stop to aim but the HE shot comes and 2-3-4 of them die per team hit, the rest moves to cover. finaly the tank either takes out the rest with some shots or roadkill or just keeps them movin - no possibility to respond from the antitank inf.

i would say the HE shot should be waaaayyy less precise or should have less damage, so it may hits all but they dont die - this would be still very strong against situations like this but it gives the inf a chance.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 03:33:03 pm »

na... normaly when i have the situation with 2 inf squads against a sherman they could at least shot with a faust or shrek and the tank only hits 1 or 2 of the squad per shot. now, when facing this situation they stop to aim but the HE shot comes and 2-3-4 of them die per team hit, the rest moves to cover. finaly the tank either takes out the rest with some shots or roadkill or just keeps them movin - no possibility to respond from the antitank inf.

i would say the HE shot should be waaaayyy less precise or should have less damage, so it may hits all but they dont die - this would be still very strong against situations like this but it gives the inf a chance.

They changed the accuracy in the target table from all ballistic main guns which made them much more powerful. You should have seen the StuH with the first time that patch got released...

9th Armoured Engineers
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 03:58:59 pm »

Quote from: helpless noobguy

Here is your problem: The units you use are just not supposed to win against what you are matched against in this scenario.

You know, in retrospect, you should try not throwing infantry based AT at T4 equipped shermans which are a hardcounter against just that. Try using a Stug instead; the HE buff can be the best anti infantry buff in the world but it won't matter when an armored vehicle shows up, because it is still just a sherman in the end. Since it can not be upgunned and have HE rounds a Stug should win and a P4 should in most cases aswell.

Protip: You have to be somewhat good at EIR to pull off an infantry only Wehrmacht company, and even then you are still kind of stupid to do that since their armor is so cost effective that it seems like you deliberately put yourself at a disadvantage.

A lot of EIR has to do with how you handle situations and what units you use in certain situations. If you do not have armor in any wehrmacht company you should uninstall EIR anyways because you lack the grasp of the basic concept that is designing a company that is equipped to deal with most threats and the knowledge that Wehrmacht in its core is designed around a playstyle that is tanks supported by infantry, not the other way around.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:14:08 pm by EliteGren » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 04:00:19 pm »

Here is your problem: The units you use are just not supposed to win against what you are matched against in this scenario.

You know, in retrospect, you should try not throwing infantry based AT at T4 equipped shermans which are a hardcounter against just that. Try using a Stug instead; the HE buff can be the best anti infantry buff in the world but it won't matter when an armored vehicle shows up, because it is still just a sherman in the end. Since it can not be upgunned and have HE rounds a Stug should win and a P4 should in most cases aswell.

Protip: You have to be somewhat good at EIR to pull off an infantry only Wehrmacht company, and even then you are still kind of stupid to do that since their armor is so cost effective that it seems like you deliberately put yourself at a disadvantage.

A lot of EIR has to do with how you handle situations and what units you use in certain situations. If you do not have armor in any wehrmacht company you should uninstall EIR anyways because you lack the grasp of the basic concept that is designing a company that is equipped to deal with most threats and the knowledge that Wehrmacht in its core is designed around a playstyle that is tanks supported by infantry, not the other way around.

<3

edit: fixed quote
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:15:37 pm by EliteGren » Logged
Sever5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 05:23:52 pm »

i just mentioned a situation wich have dramaticaly changed through those patches and it wasnt my intention to say that those inf should win this fight, but they couldnt even do anything. If a player see those inf alone uncovered and have the tank nearby, he send him to kill them and they die - ok. But if he can doo that untouched and in a matter of seconds, its a way too strong - that was my point.

sorry, but my english isnt that good to be more precise, hope u get what i mean ;-x

- and i dont use a company full of inf Tongue
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 06:11:46 pm »

u r stupid and u aint know wut u r talking about

And you sir are making personal attacks and flaming. Very much against our forum policies......

Stop it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc