Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:09:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Poll
Question: Remove pool for a set period of time as a test
You son of a slutbag, yes
You son of a slutbag, no
Other (Specify)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Removal Poll  (Read 32462 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 21, 2014, 04:09:19 am »

In light of the Nostalgia thread, I figured might aswell open a vote to see how the majority of people sees this, so we can have some raw data

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 04:12:02 am »

Voted other, it means remūve pool and get in game granny

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:41:49 am »

real balance can be achieved without pools and BT has shown that it can balance the current (small mistakes happen always)

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 05:11:17 am »

Why is there no "You Son of a SlutBag, Yes" option?
I cant vote like that

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:39:11 am »

? What are you talking about? It's there
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:13:06 am »

im such a SunovaSlutBag, voting now
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:06:08 am »

I personally endorse this poll and are curious as to what the outcome will be over the next day or so.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:16:35 am »

Dude 20 people voted, thats basicly double the eirr community.
I hereby close the poll and order u to remove pool.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 09:34:00 am »

6 voted for aint removing pool, show ya faces guises, time to light torch and burn those traitors
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 02:41:27 pm »

Remove pool. Now. Right now.

Also mobility needs to be a T4.

Remove pool.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 08:53:46 am »

We screwed up some balance changes and essential killed the mod. Now you are suggesting we really fuck it up by removing the pool system with out a viable alternative - sounds well thought out.

Seriously?

So you want to make the game a big fuck fest of spam and gimmicks because some people need to L2P and can't win with out gimmicks & spam?

The same 10 guys that spam our forums QQ about  "the good old days" are the same 10 people that QQ'd back then about gimmicks & spam. Pretty much the same 10 guys who dodge any real challenging games and stomp noobs.

But hey, we decided to completely change the meta game with some massive changes to balance that essentially resulted in the lowest numbers in Eirr's history, so why not just completely kill it with a dumbass move like removing pool.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:23:09 am »

i dont think that the latest balance changes leaded to this low playerbase.

maybe i am a bit too enthusiastic, but isnt it worth to discuss is?

cause i can imagine only 3 ways of abusing this pool free enviroment.
1. LV spam (especially armot bot 2 HT spam)
2. Support Spam
3. Hotchkiss spam

hm when i write about it, then concerns come up to me

But pool didnt prevent AB+Croc spam....
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:24:30 am »

Tank, just play a good father and let them flame/kill each other.

Btw shab. I'm this tard, who doesn't want poll being removed >.>

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 09:35:45 am »

We screwed up some balance changes and essential killed the mod. Now you are suggesting we really fuck it up by removing the pool system with out a viable alternative - sounds well thought out.

Seriously?

So you want to make the game a big fuck fest of spam and gimmicks because some people need to L2P and can't win with out gimmicks & spam?

The same 10 guys that spam our forums QQ about  "the good old days" are the same 10 people that QQ'd back then about gimmicks & spam. Pretty much the same 10 guys who dodge any real challenging games and stomp noobs.

But hey, we decided to completely change the meta game with some massive changes to balance that essentially resulted in the lowest numbers in Eirr's history, so why not just completely kill it with a dumbass move like removing pool.

You seriously believe removing pool will result in LOWER player numbers? Seriously? Removal of something that limits you, will make you leave? Sorry tank, but removing a limitation will not make people leave. No one likes limitations. Rather the opposite, I know of several players who will be back incase this change goes through. Smokaz, Mysthalin, David, Killer, I can guarantee you, you will see all these guys be back for atleast a couple of games. And then leave again because of lacklustre doctrines..but that's beside the point. What you are falsely portraying here as a "killing blow" is infact more of a rescue operation, considering the player numbers. This mod was more than doing fine without any form of availability, for years.

If you don't believe me, just look at the pool results, 3/4 of the people who are left and care are in favor of being able to build your companies like they want to, without being cockblocked by some retarded system that bottlenecks your company composition.

Furthermore, isn't it ironic how the guy talking about the people who whine, whines himself about those people? And who are those shadow people you are talking about? I realize you yourself don't approve of spam companies, but the truth is, people have always envisioned what kind of company they want to run. And this often means having an abundance of certain units (airborne players want to play with what unit mostly? You guessed it) and when there is no complete freedom then that is detrimental. So what if they want to run 40 Airborne? Let them do it, damn it, no one likes limitations. People do not like being forced into something. Do you like being forced? I assume not.

Of course there will always be people whining about the spam. The ugly truth: This comes from mediocre players who have fuck all of an idea on how to adapt, these are the people who actually need to L2FP, and not proceed to whine on the forum after they get rolled by a shallow one dimensional strategy such as 40 Airborne.

This would be true, if spam was OP. If a player sucks ass, he will not suddenly start beating better players because he spams some unit. Spam builds frequently leave themselves exposed in certain areas and its nigh impossible to run one that can handle everything. And if that's the case, then it can be fixed by changing the unit or doctrine ability, not limit how many times you can purchase that unit.

This entire point just reeks of "this is spam, it is OP and I don't want to adapt"-shallowness, in the vein of 'If I lose, blame it on the spam', and totally disregarding other points, like you know, you having sucked balls in the game or you making bad decisions in the game or in your company composition. Please now..have you ever considered why most players gravitate torwards spammy companies? It's because among having focus and a clear theme, they're perceived as fun. And there is simply no reason to take that fun away.

And personally speaking, my most epic and fun games were those pre-EIRR days where I fought off Mudkipz Airborne on RTC and Abbeville. The companies were big, the games thunderous and people weren't so coward with their units because of the size of their company. Incase you want to bring the argument now that a "spam" company may not be perceived as fun on the receiving end, think of it this way: for every one of those persons, you have a person that is having fun playing it. And they also have fun playing their own company because they have complete freedom of choice.

Don't get me wrong tank. I don't want anything bad for this mod. I still care, and this is the longest post I have written here in years. I am convinced this change is a step in the right direction, EIR is nothing more than a platform for a few people who are left playing an old game for nostalgia right now. This can be changed, and I believe this is one of the first steps that needs to be taken to make it happen. The other one: let salan do the freaking doctrines. He can't make them any worse than they already are
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:31:12 pm by EliteGren » Logged
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 09:39:31 am »

You seriously believe removing pool will result in LOWER player numbers? Seriously?

yea EIRR gonna lose regular players: Shabtajus, andy44, bear, chain and some random players like gork, hans, heartmann, ick, graywolf

totally noth worth to try, u mad gren? srsly?  lol
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 09:40:39 am »

If it gets a good number of oldtimers to start up the mod again and even temporarily increase our player numbers it's already a good idea I suppose. It's very little effort to change the numbers so it may be worth it for a temporary gig at least. In the long term though, I think there is no denying that an availability system is needed. We had several years without any availability mechanic in place that have more than proven that.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:55 am »

I'd have no objections, and the public clearly wants it for better or worse.

Player levels are in the gutter at the moment, so I'd say reactivate T4 doctrines and unhook the pool for a while.

Would it be unbalanced? Probably. It'd probably be unbalanced to fuck, especially whilst people are learning the spam counters. Would people enjoy it? That's the question, and one that we won't know until we try it.

Of course, the final decision rests with the SDT, but I feel no need to keep my stance on the matter hidden as this is something that can be just as easily turned back on if it turns out to be detrimental.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 10:31:21 am »

all these talks.. just do it, remove dem pool, spam is today, spam will be here and torrow does not matter if there is a pool or not, just removing pool will bring more happy moments
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47:18 am »

You seriously believe removing pool will result in LOWER player numbers? Seriously? Removal of something that limits you, will make you leave? Sorry tank, but removing a limitation will not make people leave. No one likes limitations. Rather the opposite, I know of several players who will be back incase this change goes through. Smokaz, Mysthalin, David, Killer, I can guarantee you, you will see all these guys be back for atleast a couple of games. And then leave again because of lacklustre doctrines..but that's beside the point. What you are falsely portraying here as a "killing blow" is infact more of a rescue operation, considering the player numbers. This mod was more than doing fine without any form of availability, for years.

If you don't believe me, just look at the pool results, 3/4 of the people who are left and care are in favor of being able to build your companies like they want to, without being cockblocked by some retarded system that bottlenecks your company composition.

Furthermore, isn't it ironic how the guy talking about the people who whine, whines himself about those people? And who are those shadow people you are talking about? I realize you yourself don't approve of spam companies, but the truth is, people have always envisioned what kind of company they want to run. And this often means having an abundance of certain units (airborne players want to play with what unit mostly? You guessed it) and when there is no complete freedom then that is detrimental. So what if they want to run 40 Airborne? Let them do it, damn it, no one likes limitations. People do not like being forced into something. Do you like being forced? I assume not.

Of course there will always be people whining about the spam. The ugly truth: This comes from mediocre players who have fuck all of an idea on how to adapt, these are the people who actually need to learn 2 fucking play.

This would be true, if spam was OP. If a player sucks ass, he will not suddenly start beating better players because he spams some unit. Spam builds frequently leave themselves exposed in certain areas and its nigh impossible to run one that can handle everything. And if that's the case, then it can be fixed by changing the unit or doctrine ability, not limit how many times you can purchase that unit.

This entire point just reeks of "this is spam, it is OP and I don't want to adapt"-shallowness, in the vein of 'If I lose, blame it on the spam', and totally disregarding other points, like you know, you having sucked balls in the game or you making bad decisions in the game or in your company composition. Please now..

Don't get me wrong tank. I don't want anything bad for this mod. I still care, and this is the longest post I have written here in years. I am convinced this change is a step in the right direction, EIR is nothing more than a platform for a few people who are left playing an old game for nostalgia right now. This can be changed, and I believe this is one of the first steps that needs to be taken to make it happen. The other one: let salan do the freaking doctrines. He can't make them any worse than they already are
what he said

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 11:40:03 am »

Seriously?

Which balance changes? Because it was a lot more interesting prior to the R003 patch despite needing a little tweaking. The mod continues to move toward boring, unflavorful units and the warmap system as it stands is still completely broken.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc