Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 07:16:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I miss... [EIR nostalgia, beware]  (Read 16291 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: May 31, 2011, 05:00:19 pm »

Bored in between studying. Post one thing you miss in Europe in ruins. And remember; you can't miss what you never had.

I'll start!

I miss doom-fortresses on Road to carentan
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:02:23 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 05:03:40 pm »

What was that map called... with that Church and village in the centre surrounded by walls? :O

why is everyone except me retarded?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:04:35 pm »

Bastion! It's still there but nobody plays it.

Also, you have to say I MISS something something. Don't ruin the thread!
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:04:41 pm »

Assult riflemen, and being able to derail a thread without getting a threat being banned.

allso unkown i call bullshit

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 05:05:45 pm »

Bastion!!!
I love that fucking map!

Oke, I miss that with all the Artillery and my raid assault airborne blob Cheesy
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:05:51 pm »

I missed the randomized choice you had if you chose ME or R+ (50% for the chosen choice, 25% for the other gamemode and 25% for Attack and Defend.

And the time when the community was united rather then separated.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 05:07:46 pm »

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 05:08:15 pm »

There was a time when that was true?

And, umm, I miss being able to spread propaganda during the campaign Grin

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 05:14:09 pm »

I miss having 10k manpower and 50 AB

Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »

shockcoil, you forgot to say: and I miss them with the old sprint ability...
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 05:26:00 pm »

being able to derail a thread without getting a threat being banned.

allso unkown i call bullshit
This .......all of it
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:34:52 pm by RoyalHants » Logged

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »

There was a time when that was true?

And, umm, I miss being able to spread propaganda during the campaign Grin

The original EiR?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »

I miss... My old AB Elite coy which only gave me +18% health, acc and dmg.

I miss... My old rakketenwerfer coy with 4 rocket arties, 3 stukas and 2 nebelwerfers.

I miss... My old 8 tetrarch 20 sapper coy that recycled the things like no tomorrow! Epic dodge and no micro on enemy tanks meant tons of beautiful beautiful kills back in the day...

I miss... grudgematches between me+31st and Smokaz+Elitegren. Used to be awesome.

I miss... Stacking with mukip doing mad retarded charges. I'm the tank guy, remember?

I miss... Stacking with david and doing even more retarded charges! Death comes on swift wheels roarr!

I miss... Oh dear how much do I miss...

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 06:23:28 pm »

I miss Vet 3 Pershings with multiple Vet 3 CCT's... Oh god how terrifyingly spectacular of a sight that was...

Pulled out for bloody good reason, but ah... The days.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:45 pm »

I miss hunterkiller jagdpanther making everybody cry on forums OP OP! NURF NURF NURF!

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 07:18:28 pm »

Grudgematches were cool, but the gameplay has detoriated so much. Today a EIRR grudgematch would be gimped by metagame cancer like the inf backcapping and ATG's, back then it was about a full selection of doctrines, working, defense and attack, doomforts or blitz attacks. It was - winning the sniper war - you killing the nebel or they killing your howie. There were some integral key units which both sides sought to take out. Draken would desperately take out your bikes to protect his sniper, we'd V1 the howie, you guys would bring out three shermans when you know me and elite was tight on AT, it would be Two and Keeps going ballistic about the nebel and complain about how their cromwells kept missing. Today some asshole just presses a button and suddendly your sniper is detected by some CCT tank or magic 100 range recon section or VEHICLE with detection, sniper gone. There used to be a huge gap between players who could bring a EXPENSIVE sniper out and keep him alive, and people who just slam their keyboard in rage as you deconstructed their composition.

Okay, so you read the above and you're negative towards it, perhaps because it rips on the current version? But, there's a reason stuff like RTC or mudkips airborne company on crossroads or In der Hitze feels like a big deal that's gone missing, because it has. TBH there was a winning formula that got mangled somewhere along the way when it came to doctrines. The old doctrines still to this day feel superior. Even with their price decreasing abilities and everything. With the powerful vet. Nowadays it's throwaway units, no defending timer, etc etc. Allies was definitely harder to play back then and you were facing a much tougher BASE wehrmacht. Double LMG's on a vet 3 gren used to mean that you could lose 2-3 rifle squads charging it if you had no upgrades.

Today I can barely stomach being in the launcher or on the forums. Not only does the gameplay not entice me and threads like these (nostalgia) makes the difference fresher in the mind, but in addition I feel like I'm constantly watched by moderators. SQL espionage, people keeping you on watch. Smurf detection is gross to the point of paranoia because the majority of the better players has access to tools to find out who you or someone else is in the launcher, there's no big bad regular guys getting mongstomped by random mexicans hosting a 2v2. Nobody goddamned kept a smurf watch in the old launcher, people didn't check your IP to know you are. There was rage and debate on the forums when some smurfs rocked up the scene. Now it's Policed, and phony companies made in SQL and special benefits has run rampant. There's not even a newspage (still) that would tell me that those goofy double tank reaper guys who didnt speak english had made a mess of draken and schultz double blitz on RTC, with them defending.

OBM sherman for the truly patient micro master. Repair bunkers that needed to be taken out by satchel airborne.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:33:00 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »

The fun is to figure out who the smurf is.
Hunting him down or even smurf yourself, Tbh base axis aint that easy to fight againt if you dont have pros as teammates and i even figured out that i can have 2 base Ip adresses on my 2 comps giving me the ability to create a smurf account and have fun with that and people will never know.
Try it.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 07:36:46 pm »

You could always spam riflemen and ATGs Smokaz, in fact you used to be able to have like 60 Riflemen with 8 TR ATGs. Allies have always been the easier faction once you got all your buffs rolling, vet 3 riflemen destroyed vet 3 grens and there was always plenty of offmaps and arty when you needed it.

I do miss the repair bunker mechanic though, it actually forced people to play well rather than the bullshit we have today where people just let tanks limp away because they know they won't be coming back. Forced people to organise backstabs and real pushes and to ambush tanks completely so they couldn't escape
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:38:21 pm by shockcoil » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 07:39:56 pm »

Oh man I totally forgot about the news! That was so cool, I always had fun reading it. And I agree to some extent with everything you've said.

I dearly dearly miss my AB Raid Assault company, a company that was crocs, m10s, air dropped ATG, and nothing but pure AB with mixed with nades, rrs, and satchels (when you NEEDED satchels to kill repair bunkers, and helped tremendously with 88s) dropping behind of an enemy position, killing all their support weapons, then grabbing said support weapons and turning them around for the counter attack.

You can't do that now, which is sad, even once the AB doctrine is totally put in you'll only have room for a couple AB that will have a specific job.

I also miss OBM, oh man, the fun with that, running over a mine with a unit, then laughing as I slowly repaired away the damaged engine and ran away.

I do miss games on crossroads and rtc.

I also miss the strange times as OF was introduced, croc shermans with flank speed, mine flails with flank, good times.

Though I'm happy to not face multiple 2x KT companies and 3x Tiger armies.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:43:37 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 08:25:19 pm »

I miss each doctrine being unique, none of this retarded buff ever unit you can possibly take crap.

The game has changed, every doctrine is basically the same other than some specific units. No focus, no variation, the fantasy gets dumbed down more and more each day.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc