Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 04:17:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airplanes a closer look  (Read 6117 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: June 23, 2011, 05:20:04 am »

I had a thought today and I'm sure there's faults in it, but has the dynamics of off map planes been discussed?

Planes were limited to just AB, then with the henschel run, PE got them, and thats all you ever saw. I wonder if with all the planes we see now if they need a second look.

US:
Defense against planes: quad, .50s on vehicles I THINK fire at them as well.
Uses for planes: recon, strafe, bombing runs, WP rounds, I THINK are delivered via a plane, been too long since ive used them.

CW:
Defense against planes: uhm, maybe the .50 on a staghound? bofors should. I don't think anything else shoots at them.
Uses for planes: recon, typhoon, lancaster

WM:
Defense against planes: ostwind, puma, 88
Uses for planes: recon, I THINK precision strike 

PE
Defense against planes: AC, flakveirling, flak 36, whirble
Uses for planes: recon, incendiary strike, henchel, precision flame strike thing

Now first off, I imagine the lancaster and henschel can't be targeted, but I can't be sure.

But I'm curious, how effective is a quad at taking down a plane? CW are just SOL on taking one down? what are planes armor value? if you take over an 88 will it do the same damage to an axis plane? does any of this really matter?

It does and it doesnt imo, but as bad ass as it is, i think planes should not be targeted, its one thing to have your offmap dodged, but to have it not even be used? is detrimental to game play i think. you have no way to prepare for the planes anyways, its all just completely up to chance.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 05:22:34 am »

Only unit that will reliably take out planes is the wirblewind. That beast will pretty much take out a plane more often than it won't. It's awesome.

Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 05:44:30 am »

Only unit that will reliably take out planes is the wirblewind. That beast will pretty much take out a plane more often than it won't. It's awesome.

OH, so a wirblewind HAS a purpose! woaw

why is everyone except me retarded?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 05:48:52 am »

Yea they take out the planes before they even enter the map.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:50:34 am »

Yea they take out the planes before they even enter the map.

Have one in the rear line to take down AB planes = profit.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 07:01:00 am »

This was actually something heavily discussed by the coders during this month's patch creation and we are largely on the same page, each army should get some kind of defense against airplane offmaps.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 07:03:28 am »

Take the M86 Maxson Quad .50 turret/emplacement that was used in BKmod? Or make the Bofors an available build with Defensive operations for infantry, airborne support weapons for AB, or assault engineers with Armor? (allows it to be purchased for X munitions as a blueprint, like WM bunkers or ami MG nests?)

Brits might look into Bren carriers with AA-ish mounts, Im sure they existed.

WM is fine, ostwind is meh but it works..sometimes..

PE is fine too, god wirbles piss me off. Wirble = all recon runs are negated. Funny as hell if the plane crashes INTO the wible tho  Cool

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 07:04:16 am »

didnt you say that they are meh,10pop for them being first thing?! we even lost that game cuz of wirble spam :p
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:47 am »

Brits might look into Bren carriers with AA-ish mounts, Im sure they existed.

they had a truck with a bofor gun on it.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:22 am »

didnt you say that they are meh,10pop for them being first thing?!

I didn't say they were a good unit did I? Though their AA capabilities are not to be shunned.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 07:52:40 am »

The Wirbelwind might be more useful if it was given PIV armour and upgraded to about 450-500 health. It might actually survive an engagement with some measure of health that way.

The health upgrade is debatable, but I'm pretty confident the PIV armour upgrade would help. Not sure on whether it should be skirted or not though.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 08:05:40 am »

so my 88 tooks out plane,it lands and kill flame pios and ostwind,lol
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 08:11:03 am »

PE
precision flame strike thing

what is this?

WM precision strike is not fired by the plane. the plane is there just for the looks.

quad halftrack is about as good as the WM puma atm I think.
bofors is very powerful vs planes as well.

note though that most of the times planes don't crash because they lost their hp but because an unit scored the 5% kill crit chance he had at green hp.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 08:16:53 am »

GIve me a patch British!!

No but serisouly, give us mobile bofors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSp7CipN1pw
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:20:19 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 08:22:16 am »

LOL Leo, your quote in your sig, dont i remember you QQin about me refusing to play your test coy and getting your daddy to get me to apolagise cuz if i dont it will effect the performance of you patching for EIRR? Tongue
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 08:34:53 am »

they had a truck with a bofor gun on it.
Skink or crusader AA tank?

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 11:10:25 am »

PE
precision flame strike thing

ah ok, i was confused.

if precision strike the plane is just there for looks, i think you guys just ought to make them always just for looks. then you wont have to worry about making ways for allies to fight planes.

Also since units don't actually kill planes via health, it truly is total luck 75% of the time.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 12:37:07 pm »

Skink

Was never mass produced (think 10 were) (it was a kit, could be mounted on any allied tank) By the time the Canadians finished the project and got it ready the allies had almost total air superiority so money was spent on other things

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 01:30:51 pm »

The Wirbelwind might be more useful if it was given PIV armour and upgraded to about 450-500 health. It might actually survive an engagement with some measure of health that way.

The health upgrade is debatable, but I'm pretty confident the PIV armour upgrade would help. Not sure on whether it should be skirted or not though.

Or just put it to six pop. It takes 1 more atg shot than a quad which you pay 60 more fuel for. It's useless, it might as well be removed from the game at this point with mg43 squads and whatnot.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 01:33:31 pm »

yea,1 more atg shot,but quad being cheaper,not T2 unlock,can supress multiple squads at once,and it's much faster.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc