Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:28:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you fix/suggest to make EIRR better?  (Read 26761 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2011, 05:47:55 pm »

I'm talking persistency, you people are talking realism, two important but very separate points.

You fail to understand that this system is just as persistent. Maybe you should play WoW, where you can never lose anything?

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2011, 05:48:18 pm »

I'm talking persistency, you people are talking realism, two important but very separate points.

Lmao persistancy mean...

Persistant-cy

When you constantly call that girl that doesnt want to to call her. Your being persistant.

Now if your phone die to howitzer barrage. Your phone Respawns? Or do you pay for a brand new one without any use on it.

Im useing METAPHORS.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2011, 05:53:17 pm »

Yet again, I apologize, Schmidt and 8th, if my ideas confuse or strain you, but perhaps you should look at the bigger picture here. A game is like a good meal: it is comprised of any points which come together to form a whole. If one of the points is bad or out of place, the entire experience is ruined. The veterancy system, as it is, is fairly stagnant and does not allow room for any sort of permanent, self-managing system to be put into place in this game, thus necessitating wipes and such.

Again, they're just ideas. If they worry you, that's fine. No need for you to act like idiots about it though.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2011, 05:55:54 pm »

There's another reason why this game hasn't truly evolved over the past years. The set-minded and frankly god-awful community.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2011, 05:58:19 pm »

Yet again, I apologize, Schmidt and 8th, if my ideas confuse or strain you, but perhaps you should look at the bigger picture here. A game is like a good meal: it is comprised of any points which come together to form a whole. If one of the points is bad or out of place, the entire experience is ruined. The veterancy system, as it is, is fairly stagnant and does not allow room for any sort of permanent, self-managing system to be put into place in this game, thus necessitating wipes and such.

Again, they're just ideas. If they worry you, that's fine. No need for you to act like idiots about it though.

If vet never went away, then youd ahve entire coys of vet, which would make wipes more needed -_-
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 06:01:22 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2011, 05:59:51 pm »

Sadly, there is no real risk or skill required when the game encourages using units in a throwaway fashion. There needs to be real risk when you lose a unit, such that you cannot immediately reuse it.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2011, 06:01:56 pm »

And that's exactly what I was suggesting AmPm.

And yes, 8th and Schmidt, you are narrow-minded, since you seem to be stuck in the mindset of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Do you aspire to anything in life?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2011, 06:02:50 pm »

Vet needs to be expensive in PPS or doctrine points, and hard to get. But it needs to be able to TURN games. A vet 3 grenadier with double lmgs should have bonuses enabling it to turn back 3-4 unupgraded rifles in pure surviability and DPS.

Frankly I am still dissapointed that no doctrine abilities buff the company's veterans. "True Elites" T4 = double veterancy bonuses.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2011, 06:04:38 pm »

And of course, with added costs put on them, veterans would in turn become more potent.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2011, 06:04:43 pm »

thus necessitating wipes and such.

This is absolutely untrue, we don't wipe because people stack on veterancy over time, we generally wipe because the game runs in 'cycles' (i.e one war) or at least it will with the warmap. When one side wins, you wipe and start a new. Besides, it's good and fun to start fresh sometimes. There's always a bunch more new (and old) players signing up for the mod after a wipe, simply because it's the most 'fair' time to do so. (Everyone is back at square 0 again in terms of doctrines & vet)

Yes, I know your opinion about this, 'it's not a real persistency mod then', it doesn't have to be. Quite frankly, the mod isn't designed to have persistency for 'eternity'. There's simply not enough to unlock for it to remain truly interesting for 6+ months on end without a wipe. (With the old pp gain you got to a level 9 company in about 1 - 2 months) Once you've hit full level 9, veterancy (and later on the warmap) is the only thing that's still 'persistent'.

We're not going to add a cost on veterancy, the whole point of vet is that it is gained 'free' through combat, over the course of many many games. The 'cost' here is skill (keeping it alive and getting kills) and time (playing enough games with it).
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »

And that's exactly what I was suggesting AmPm.

And yes, 8th and Schmidt, you are narrow-minded, since you seem to be stuck in the mindset of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Do you aspire to anything in life?

What are you even talking about anymore? It's not broke, so why the hell would it need fixing?

What do I aspire to in life? Are you genuinely being serious? You're asking me what I aspire to in life, whilst commenting on one thread in a tiny mod on an old game that is basically dead, and you're asking me about my life?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2011, 06:06:30 pm »

Double vet bonuses?

Oh yes please. I'd *Love* Pershings with 40% more damage, 40% less incoming Penetration, 30% more penetration... THEN add in HVAP for lulz.

See where that's going?

>.>

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

Vet 1 should be fairly easy to get to.

Vet 2 should be hard.

Vet 3 should require time and epic play.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2011, 06:09:48 pm »

Vet needs to be expensive in PPS or doctrine points, and hard to get. But it needs to be able to TURN games. A vet 3 grenadier with double lmgs should have bonuses enabling it to turn back 3-4 unupgraded rifles in pure surviability and DPS.

No, vet becomes problematic when it wins you games vs players who do not have vet. Since EIR has a small community, there is no room to seperate the have's from the have's not. As a result, veterancy and anything that can be acquired by playing a lot of games will never give you a massive advantage over players who are new or have not yet played a similar amount of games.

In MMO's your playerbase is large enough spread lvl 1s from lvl 40s, you'll never have to PvP someone 10+ levels higher than you. Since we have no playerbase large enough for a similar approach, the only solution is to offer advantages that while being significant are not going to be overwhelming.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2011, 06:12:25 pm »

No, vet becomes problematic when it wins you games vs players who do not have vet. Since EIR has a small community, there is no room to seperate the have's from the have's not. As a result, veterancy and anything that can be acquired by playing a lot of games will never give you a massive advantage over players who are new or have not yet played a similar amount of games.

In MMO's your playerbase is large enough spread lvl 1s from lvl 40s, you'll never have to PvP someone 10+ levels higher than you. Since we have no playerbase large enough for a similar approach, the only solution is to offer advantages that while being significant are not going to be overwhelming.

Which means that Vet is meaningless. On top of that it would mean that doctrine abilities need to be meaningless too. Which of course makes the game not worth playing.

Playing well should have rewards. It should not be everyone gets rewarded no matter what.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »

What are you even talking about anymore? It's not broke, so why the hell would it need fixing?

What do I aspire to in life? Are you genuinely being serious? You're asking me what I aspire to in life, whilst commenting on one thread in a tiny mod on an old game that is basically dead, and you're asking me about my life?

Just because something isn't broken doesn't necessarily mean it can't be better. I seek to help improve with my suggestions, nothing more and nothing less.

And yes, I was genuinely being serious.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2011, 06:19:56 pm »

On top of that it would mean that doctrine abilities need to be meaningless too. Which of course makes the game not worth playing.
Actually, doctrine abilities can be as strong as we want once the grindless system comes in. (Since everybody will be more or less on the same level at any given time)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2011, 06:24:04 pm »

What is the point of even playing then? I mean, if Vet does nothing, and everyone has the same abilities, what is the point of even claiming persistence in EIR? That would basically be the end of that.

Yea, it's persistence, but nothing you do matters, and nothing that happens to you matters! Wooo!!!

Basically, WoW in a COH engine.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2011, 07:34:36 pm »

Tbh, I agree with Vermillion on one point: You guys are god awfuly single-minded sometimes. I suggest something new, such as a new unit or idea for an upgrade, and immidiately you all jump out of your respective fanboy/troll caves and flame it to death on the grounds that "its just realism herp derp bla bla bla" (schmidt -.-). Give new stuff a chance, look at the idea and not the bias you might have against who suggested it.

That being said, I dont think the veterancy system needs a rework until after the warmup is in play and Vet5 units are a possibility. At the moment, you cant simply grind your units to the top, especially armor. Those of you who manage to get Shermans, P4s, and croms (among other fragile armored units) to 200+ XPs, I wholeheartedly applaud you. Bravo.

Can we look at some of the upgrades and weapons ideas I suggested? I'm not trying to be picky or bitchy, but at least someone say something about them. I dont type these long drawn out posts for my health.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:52:25 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »

learn to not insult people if you want people to listen to you if you feel this way.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc