Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:21:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you fix/suggest to make EIRR better?  (Read 26759 times)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« on: July 01, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »

Hey all, since there are a few threads on little individual things, I wanted to create a thread so that anyone can post in their own words what they think is wrong with the mod or what's broken and needs to be fixed/balanced/added, what have you.  I'll go ahead and start off to give everyone an idea, and things I definitely would like to see be added or done to help make EIRR a much better place.

Both Sides:
Infantry - More weapon package options.  Ability to buy BARs (no SF) on Rangers, or MP44s on Grens, or Shreks on Volks, and yes even the german 'Assault flame' squad if you really want to put a flame thrower on KCH could be an option too.
Medium Tanks - Significantly lowered MU cost for upgrades, as heavy tanks become the de facto option as being more powerful on the field and taking up less MU overall for a bigger impact... medium tanks in general are not cost effective, especially for axis.
Support Team Balancing - Better reason to take support weapons for certain factions, my main complaint it the exception of the US MG not doing reliable suppression and how that is 'Wehr's thing' and the US is all about DMG.. if that's true, why wouldn't I just take BARs which I believe stat-wise does more dmg than a LMG?

Allies:
US Infantry - TR or Zook bonus.  I could give a damn about damage, but an accuracy and/or penetration modifier would be nice to have, otherwise TR is really lacklust and makes the zook just a less than appealing option.
US Airborne - Since no really good doctrine are in place, I'll leave it up to an AIR player to state what they think needs to be added to them.
US Armor - Overall good tank buffs, though really restricted on infantry options.  My armor accounts are pretty much 5-7 ATGs with 20+ bars backing up 2 pershings... really can't change that around due to lack of options.

British - Won't even go into that, as overall I think they are the stronger 'Allies' in the current meta-game, though Anzacs are a nice offensive option though restricted by reward points.

Wehr:
Defensive - Making their units more durable as opposed to Blitz which makes an all Gren army just more formidable.  Also, better buffs on 'cover' buffs as theirs seems to be lacking while higher tier than their US counterpart (only applying in trenches and buildings as opposed to cover).  Maybe some tuning to the massive 30% double T3 dmg bonus officers give to ATGs and Liegs, as the ability of a lieg to instant gib an entire army of ATG guns with high accuracy is almost as bad as the old stummel.
Blitz - Strong company as is, though I would like to see a reduction in Storm pop and MP44s.  Pretty expensive unit as is.
Terror - Can't really say much about these guys... seem to do all right.

General Things - 3-man KCH need to be re-evaluated for pool price, as well as fausts re-examined.  If they're going to be so damn expensive, make the cooldown not so painfully long or add doctrine buffs that significantly reduce it (and not just -1/-2 seconds either).  Sticky bombs is okay due to the engine dmg ability, but Fausts are mainly direct dmg and need to be fired quickly (for 3 uses which I rarely ever get to!) in order to deter vehicles and tanks instead of being a one-trick shot pony.

PE:
Luft - Falls - Decent, though I think FG42 pricing needs to come down for the squad, and also not being gimped by being forced to take 2 shreks with their Falls Tankbuster or it should be a 5-6 man squad for that.
Tank Hunters - Don't play them, so I can't really say anything about them.
Scorched Earth - The only thing I can think of.. maybe Mal or someone can correct me.. but was there a change done to flammen grens to make them less attractive?  I don't see those guys anymore.

General Things: I really think they need a Panzer 4 equivalent for their armies and not rely on a fuck-ton of tank destroyer/mobile ATGs.  Also, the panzer 2 is a VERY welcome addition to their army, sadly only Reward but a fast and mobile 'tankette' goes with their general swiftness and mobility.  If anything maybe a tad less accuracy or something against units in cover (ie atg crews) but those things are pretty fearsome to infantry.

I may have missed one or two points, but if anyone wants to add their own opinion of what they'd like to see, go ahead and let us know!

EDIT: Just remembered this!
PE Scorched Earth - Fix Stummel accuracy a tad on gun
US Infantry/Wehr - Remove that first aid ability, give that to Wehr.  Would benefit them and fit them a lot better with Allies having access to lots of healing while being able to revive a gren in a 4 man squad or a KCH in a 3 man squad is super useful for them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:08:28 am by lionel23 » Logged

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:28:35 pm »

Nice post.

Thanks Lionel Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »

Fix the Doctrines, and implemented some of ones which haven't been finished yet.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »

Nice post.

Thanks Lionel Wink

Not a problem EIRRMod ^^  I just saw the 'ATG' and Volks and Faust and Ranger threads and figured it would be easier if everyone just listed in one thread what they dislike or want or would like to see in the future instead of having multiple running threads about a several 'single' threads about what is wrong with a faction or the metagame ^^
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:53 pm »

I like the whole infantry should get more weapon choices, it would really bring out the customization for your company. You will finally be able to say "Here's my company, shaped into what i want it to do/look like. It will finally do the job i want it to"
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:31:00 pm »

Inf:

Give the 'Steady Sights' T2 the same bonuses as the 'Defenders of Dunkirk' T2/T3 (unsure which one it is).

Make riflemen more potent in general, but not on-par with Grenadiers.

Make the option of a single upgradeable fully automatic Garand (Airborne troops found that by filing down the firing pin of the Garand, fully automatic fire could be acheived. The recoil was lower than the comparable counterpart, the M1918A2 BAR). This would be the substantial DPS boost that would come without SF, and would also be a little less bland than the single buffed BAR people have suggested. I suggest using a Garand on the standard 10 round reload cycle as a base, with two 5 round bursts (1.5 second delay between bursts, standard reload cooldown timer). Possibly boost accuracy by .05 or .1 at all ranges.

The previously-mentioned Steady Sights change could do with +20% accuracy.

Support training makes Steady Sights redundant, as it boosts moving accuracy far more than Steady Sights does, while removing the benefits of cover. This needs some looking in to.

Defensive:

T4 Fatherland Volks should be given an additional standard volksgrenadier with a Volks MP40 or Volks K98, the current addition is pointless cannon fodder and serves no obvious purpose. Pioneers could do with the 3rd man getting a Volks MP40. FlaK88s and PaKs shouldnt receive Heroic crits, as this makes the weapons even more suceptible to flames and grenades--the only true counters to the units aside from snipers.

General:

Infantry-based upgrades such as the "M1918A2 B.A.R.", ".303 LMG, Bren",  "Lichte MaschinenGewehr 42", and other 'heavy' automatic weapons that are standard inf based, should have a substantial raise in cost (80 MU -> 90-95 MU, 90 MU -> 110 MU, 75 MU -> ~100 MU; that shite wasnt cheap), whilst upgrades such as "MaschinenPistole 40", "M3 Grease Gun", "M1A1 Thompson Package", and "MkII Sten, Silenced" should be lowered in cost and simultaneously lowered in the number of granted weapons. This would see more 'vanilla' squads that wouldnt be pointlessly suicided; EiR has become a joke with the number of automatic weapons. I miss vCoH; yeah I bitch about vcoh a lot but it was FUN to watch a riflemen and a volk squad slug it out from mid range, not charge eachother with MP40s and BARs.

Infantry-based upgrades could also do with a bit more variety, such as the option of undoctrinal LMGs and lighter handheld AT. Options for special abilities such as a 1-time use, 1-man 'pistol volley' for point blank (I mean it, 15 range, max) engagements; who would ever try to use their K98 from 2 feet away when they have a Walther P38 or P08 Luger handy?

Grenades should see a cost decrease but also a range decrease of 5-10 units; watch Band of Brothers, The Pacific, or any war-based movie. These guys use nades to chuck through windows or bunker slits, not lob from 30 feet like fucking CoD. This would encourage grenades in a more tactical use, not "LOL I HAVE A BLOB OF NADED RIFLES I TROLL YOU HAHAHAHA!". All grenades would have the current MkII Pineapple range -5-10. Range buffs could come in the form of a 'Grenade Training' upgrade available to Vet5 (post warmup) units or as a doctrinal buff to the more infantry based companies.

Flamethrowers could so with an animation and range boost, and possibly an effect similar to that seen in Xcalibur's Blitzkrieg mod, where the patch of ground the flamethrower 'struck' would burn for a while after the flamer ceased firing, similar to the PE incind grenade. Flamethrowers should be one of the most feared anti infantry weapons available, literally eating entire squads alive, not the current "Hmmmm Ill let this engie flame an MG in a building for 30 seconds, and hope he crits it soon enough not to get gibbed".

Engineers could use with statistically different AT weapons; the PzShreck and Bazooka, similar to those in BKmod or BoTB mod, where they had larger splash that was useful against infantry and fortifications. These versions of the weapons would have greatly reduced AT capabilities but would A) add a new dynamic in removing cover and literally blasting one's way through some of the more urban maps, and B) giving a little more history (dont flame me guys, I gave my balance reasons already, Im just a history geek. Dont kill zee geek!) in that Engineers/Sturmpioniere/Sappers were commonly attached to infantry units to blast enemy fortifications with handheld AT.

Maps could use a little more variety. Id love to see: Urban maps such as Vire and Lyon (minus bridges) that are almost 100% city; infantry based deathmatches at point blank range. Swampy maps such as the 2p Flooded Plains that would promote attrittion matches over every available patch of dry land. Open fields such as Langres, with a minimum of shot-blocking objects. Maps that center around long stretches of roadway such as Red Ball Xpress (devoid of houses and camping areas).

Mines could use a little more commonality, be it a drop in price or use among basic infantry units under very specific circumstances.

I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 12:14:26 am »

I will have to say I see nothing wrong with the moving accuracy bonus, as your accuracy goes to shit when moving and add 50% accuracy to that brings it almost on par while standing still, but is still less than standing still (while standing still AND in cover grants you over 100% accuracy to help overcome cover the enemy is using).

On the defensive T4, I prefer the Elite Armor on the 88mm Flak crew, with the heroic crits its very rare the crew gets killed by a single nade, and I rather the protection from small arms fire so smgs and stuff don't gun the crew down.  Add in the health regen/medkit and its very hard to force them off.  Take min 2-3 nades to force the crew off (a grenade will take them low life usually and not kill anyone).  Though a 'real' 6th guy would be handy, I think Mys did some stat comparison that the reason he has his weapon and HP at what it is would balance it out as I heard the argument.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 03:16:58 am »

major zook increase in range and acc. Damage is fine i guess.

Axis can run around with inf that kills tanks and armor that kills AI no problem. Shreks and faust range and damage to the allies (mostly US) is pretty much rape. They can tear and properly hit the US best armor which is just mostly m10s and shermans. While with axis AI armor can easily wipe out US inf, and not worry about anything because zook has to get really close to them but inf will get their asses wiped out 1by1 really fast by the armor.

Basically...why fear zooks?

And lack of love for engineers.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 06:28:33 am »

All I want is M2 Carbines for Airborne.

80 mun upgrade, gain 5x M2 Carbines.

Current carbine stats with -5% accuracy at all ranges, firing 3-4 round bursts at 7 Rounds per Second.
Same cooldown and reload times as now, reload every 6 bursts.

Would be the coolest upgrade ever.

Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 06:32:06 am »

+1

why is everyone except me retarded?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 07:00:09 am »

Support training makes Steady Sights redundant, as it boosts moving accuracy far more than Steady Sights does, while removing the benefits of cover. This needs some looking in to.

Of course it boosts moving accuracy far more than steady sights does, Steady sights increases moving accuracy by 0%. I don't see your problem, when you have these unlocks selected your are more accurate when you are stationary aswell as when moving. It is win/win

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 08:24:42 am »

Ergo, it outperforms steady sights as an accuracy boosting unlock--why stand still in cover when youre even more accurate then that when you lolcharge your opponent?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 08:50:02 am »

Because if you're in the open you will take a huge amount more of damage?

I swear people these days have no braincells -_-

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 08:53:44 am »

I think his point is :

Why does this ability at the same tier is a better boost to accuracy no matter where you are, than this ability that only applies in cover?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 11:24:58 am »

You know, I've always wondered in my whole time during CoH why Airborne Carbines suck so much. You'd figure they'd do some reliable damage at close range at least right? The nature of the weapon should make it even gameplay wise seem like it's gonna do more than tickle the enemy at point blank.

But I suppose that's a personal gripe with Carbines. >.<

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 11:30:24 am »

Change AB Carbines to be Garands statwise, dooone.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »

All I want is M2 Carbines for Airborne.

80 mun upgrade, gain 5x M2 Carbines.

Current carbine stats with -5% accuracy at all ranges, firing 3-4 round bursts at 7 Rounds per Second.
Same cooldown and reload times as now, reload every 6 bursts.

Would be the coolest upgrade ever.

+9,000

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »

I think it's pretty clear that airborne carbines need some love.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 12:29:29 pm »

tbh AB should be able to buy the Garands that they modified in real life:
They sheared down the firing pin so it would fire all 8 rounds in one burst. Would be pretty cool.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:18:12 pm by Mister Schmidt » Logged
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 12:32:01 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcHHOWXPOVI
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc