Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:26:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you fix/suggest to make EIRR better?  (Read 26760 times)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »

learn to not insult people if you want people to listen to you if you feel this way.

The people I insult have no bearing on the decision-making process in this mod, and thus, are worthless to me.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2011, 08:11:09 pm »

lol okay

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2011, 08:11:59 pm »

Tbh, I agree with Vermillion on one point: You guys are god awfuly single-minded sometimes. I suggest something new, such as a new unit or idea for an upgrade, and immidiately you all jump out of your respective fanboy/troll caves and flame it to death on the grounds that "its just realism herp derp bla bla bla" (schmidt -.-). Give new stuff a chance, look at the idea and not the bias you might have against who suggested it.

That being said, I dont think the veterancy system needs a rework until after the warmup is in play and Vet5 units are a possibility. At the moment, you cant simply grind your units to the top, especially armor. Those of you who manage to get Shermans, P4s, and croms (among other fragile armored units) to 200+ XPs, I wholeheartedly applaud you. Bravo.

Can we look at some of the upgrades and weapons ideas I suggested? I'm not trying to be picky or bitchy, but at least someone say something about them. I dont type these long drawn out posts for my health.

i totally understand what your saying. But understand what i am saying. These ideas you all have arent "new" theve been around before and have been shot down countless timesover and over and over again becuase the longer youve been here the more i can respect your ideas (other than the obvious trolls). and if you havent been here for very long and your all "wtf my ideas are getting trolled, FUCK YOU COMMUNITY" im sorry no sympathy. its a learning curve and process. the longer your here the longer you learn about how the gameplay 100% works and what would fit and what wouldnt.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:15:17 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2011, 08:12:18 pm »

The people I insult have no bearing on the decision-making process in this mod, and thus, are worthless to me.

<3
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2011, 08:13:31 pm »

i totally understand what your saying. But understand what i am saying. These ideas you all have arent "new" theve been around before and have been shot down countless timesover and over and over again becuase the longer youve been here the more i can respect your ideas. and if you havent been here for very ong and your all "wtf my ideas are getting trolled, FUCK YOU COMMUNITY" im sorry no sympathy

And that is exactly why this community is such hostile territory for new players.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2011, 08:18:21 pm »

And that is exactly why this community is such hostile territory for new players.

Think of it this way Verm. Easy metaphor.

Your a new guy at a doctors office, doctor has never met you before so he has no idea whatsoever of your abilities and such. If you start suggesting things like "hey hold the scalpel upsidedown when your cutting" he wil be all like wtf this guy is pretty dumb. and thus he wont belive anything you say and credability will go. Now if you just show up, and listen for a while, see what he does and how things work. Then you can educated suggestions on how things will be done and he can respect you.

You show up in the community and make some farfetched suggestions to a community you know nothing about becuase you havent been here long. You dont know what old eirr was, i mean hell ive been here long and i cannot even comment on some stuff becuase i dont enough experiance.  What the hell did you expect, Not to be trolled?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:21:55 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2011, 08:23:12 pm »

BARs need to to pay extra for suppression fire. Shit is ridiculous. Epic DPS, uber suppression, 6 man mobile MG squad almost. Insta BAR recharge when you use the squad to recrew something. Mother of God that shit is silly. I'd put the price at 100 for BAR suppression. Make regular BARs cost 70-75.

Assault flammen armor change to infantry rather than airborne like it was... Wtf? Change it back. It's fuckin' SE doctrine. All anyone needs to do is spam LVs/armor against that shit and it gets shut down hardcore. No need to nerf the flaming, piss-drinking christ out of them.  

Is there some special reason PE got hit with Infantry armor but the brits didn't? Why

Grenadier and Tankbuster shrecks are too expensive for what they do. Change price to 90 and 100 munis respectively. I gave my reasons in the "ATG prices and other subjects" thread. My logic for this is ironclad. Refute me. I dare you to try.

RRs need to have their scatter increased. Price decrease of course if this is done, but right now that shit is stupid. You could set their accuracy to 0 and they'd still hit most of the time.

Give PE a sniper, or get rid of the mando sniper for brits. This subject has been discussed to death before. I will not repeat my reasoning here.

All artillery should have a munitions cost associated with them. Something meaningful. Like 100+ munitions at least. 105 = 120 munis. 25lbr = 100 munis. Calliope = 175/180 munis. Priest/Hummel = 150/160 munis. Stukka(hotch and normal crappy one) = 60 munis. Nebel = 75 munis. Offmaps of all types = 80 munis per use. If you want an arty company it's high time you paid for it with something meaningful. They're god damn super mortars.

If charging munis for offmaps is just too awesome of an idea for arty spammers to accept, then all offmaps should have an on map source. A 2-3 man radio squad that needs to be within a certain range and have LoS on an area to call the arty in.

Doctrine should be specialized way more than they already are. They should capitalize on the the doctrines implied purpose. Blitz = speed buffs and breakthrough units. Defensive = fucking defending the shit out of an area and not ever letting the hell go. Capping debuffs for enemy infantry. Support unit buffs. Defensive buffs on infantry and tanks. Terror = TIGER ACE. Nothing scarier. That's all that doctrine needs. One doctrine unlock. The Ace. Call the doctrine finished. Ultimately who you team up with should matter way more than it currently does. You can capitalize on their strengths to help cover your weaknesses and vice versa. Shit like tank buffs in royal artillery and infantry doctrine doesn't make any sense. Now that I mention royal arty doctrine...

RCA. Just get rid of the arty crap and rename the doctrine to something else. How about Royal Canadian Support? Its specialization could be support oriented. I don't know. Something other than fucking artillery. Having an entire doctrine based around the most frustrating aspect of the game is just silly.

Spam. Get rid of oversupply.

Warmap. Implement it.

Doctrines. Release them.

Tiger Ace.

Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace. Tiger Ace.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2011, 08:35:40 pm »

wasnt even directed at you, it was directed at volski.

We can see your angry, but you gotta be the bigger man and try to sympathise, you will never get anything across if you put insults towards the community THEN put towards a suggestion/balance etc.

if you want to be taken seriously in suggestion/balance thread. reduce your insults and competitive chat to 0%, even if other community members do it, you will increase your credibility by doing so.

Also suggesting ideas that the community  likes helps to lol
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:48:22 pm by Demon767 » Logged

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2011, 09:26:40 pm »

I didnt directly insult anyone, just said that you guys can be simple minded SOMETIMES. Everything Mal posted is correct, +1 to all of it.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »

I would like to interrupt your regularly scheduled flamewar by stating that I have a vet 3 flamethrower halftrack (vet 3 requirement in RGDs (and thus, once called on) is 68 exp).

You may now continue with rants.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2011, 09:59:31 pm »

nebel already has a muni cost attatched to it  Tongue

but i totally agree with a lot of mals points. tiger ace would be amazing. KT should be a reward unit and should get some buffs, maybe its the current meta but i dont see them at all anymore, and anytime i bring one on, no matter how well its supported, its a joke! its a waste of a doctrine unlock, id only use it if i could buy two and just focus on out attrition.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:03:16 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2011, 10:17:01 pm »

I didnt directly insult anyone, just said that you guys can be simple minded SOMETIMES. Everything Mal posted is correct, +1 to all of it.

exact Volski, that is a down right horrible insult to anyone.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2011, 11:36:09 pm »

nebel already has a muni cost attatched to it  Tongue

but i totally agree with a lot of mals points. tiger ace would be amazing. KT should be a reward unit and should get some buffs, maybe its the current meta but i dont see them at all anymore, and anytime i bring one on, no matter how well its supported, its a joke! its a waste of a doctrine unlock, id only use it if i could buy two and just focus on out attrition.

Tiger Ace would be cool, but instead having the KT as reward unit: it's better to have the Tiger Ace to be one having a more powerfull speed.

why is everyone except me retarded?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2011, 11:48:17 pm »

Think it was 8th Rifles KT earlier then had like 26 Infantry and 2-3 ATG's/Tanks. That covers it's Manpower and then some, weather it was fuel efficient is debatable. Of course that game had 2 KT's and Jagdpanther in it and we were starved for AT by the end.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2011, 12:01:30 am »

My KT has 1030+ XP, I make fantastic use out of it.

I think its the perfect unit for Terror, big, showy, slow, unstoppable.

T4 Rolling Thunder should be changed to a passive buff, and give the KT Tiger splash.

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2011, 12:32:32 am »

How about a way to make Veteran units more customizable and recognizable on the field. I'm sick of seeing just plain ol' Vet 3 units fighting around with nothing particularly special about them besides their Doctrines buff and Vet bonuses.

I thought of an idea of something like this.

After obtaining Vet 3, the ability to change the units skin becomes possible. Options between Standard, Fall, Desert, Winter, Forest. With tanks, pretty much the same thing I guess. This could be come pretty interesting later on with the Warmap in development because depending on the maps you're playing you could have your company units automatically set to having the recommended camouflage needed. While it gives no actual benefits to the units, it just seems more fitting to see I guess.

Vet 4 could bring in the possibility of having that Gold Plaque(Hero Status) used in CoH:O and ToV Operation Games to be put around the unit. And/or having the ability to name the unit? For example: AmPM KT's have a Gold Plaque around it's healthbar, has desert camouflage  has the name "Impenetrable Fortress" (which just came off the top of my head here)

Wouldn't that instill fear or awe into your oponnents as they saw you rolling out a long lasting tank like that?

I'm probably gonna get shot down on these ideas considering some of them are related to what OMG is doing, but Vet 3 units aren't as cool to see as they once were and once your whole army consists of Vet 3 units, there's nothing really else to do in EiR persistancy wise.

Yeah.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2011, 01:10:06 am »

vets getting reworked anyways.

also uhm there weren't different fashion seasons in the military. in wwII you had the same uniform. though in snow ridden areas they had all white over all type things. although id LOVE to see RE tommies in short khaki shorts hahha.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2011, 01:12:20 am »

Why do people post "uhm my idea is probably gonna get shot down her her"

Grow some balls and take it like a man! ffs!

you idea is real good Zontar.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2011, 02:00:23 am »

Since people have a hard on for a situational, fat, slow, piece of shit that you only call on when you're already winning/losing and doesn't change the outcome of any battles ever then at the very god damn least bring back the Tiger Ace skin for vetted tigers.

That skin was epic as hell
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2011, 02:07:29 am »

How about a way to make Veteran units more customizable and recognizable on the field.

This has been suggested a lot. Vet 4-5 with small bonuses or customization or similar will probably be added soon™, so no worries.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc