Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 12:22:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Multiplayer  (Read 8178 times)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:34 pm »

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/18/battlefield-3-fact-sheet-outs-multiplayer-weapons-vehicles-mod/

Check the above link, shows an actual multiplayer match in progress.  This is namely for people like Leophone who say the Multiplayer doesn't look that good.. which to me looks pretty amazing, especially the helicopters, map-sizes (64 players only on PC and Conquest mode; that mode is not available for consoles) and I love the tanks and AA vehicles and halftracks.

Favorite part of the vid is the team charge in tanks, jeeps, and apcs early on!  Looking to be Game of the Year material to me! ^^

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:00 pm »

Sorry to say Im looking foreward to B3 more then EiRR 2. Shoot me if you will, B3 and RO2: HoS are going to sweep console gamers off their feet and take control of the PC gaming system--EA had jack shit on DICE and Tripwire Interactive.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 06:06:50 pm »

Looks pretty good, but probably wont be anything new compared to bad company other than graphics and guns.

Which is fine no sense changing the gameplay, I can't see any way they could improve it.

Good post

But yeah I think I may prefer RO:2.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:07:51 pm »

So right on that one Vols.  Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 will be pretty much the pinnacle of FPS for quite a long time... at least until they do a 'battlefield' game set in WW2 with the same fidelity as Battlefield 3, heh.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:12:04 pm by lionel23 » Logged
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 06:16:51 pm »

I need to stop watching this video, I'm running out of pants  Cheesy
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 06:18:22 pm »

Midlife crisis right here: BF3 orrrrrrr RO2....

why is everyone except me retarded?
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 06:20:17 pm »

Or best two investments of your life.. get both? ^^
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 06:28:05 pm »

im not even bothering looking at BF3, a few reasons.

Project Reality is working on 128 player servers!! That beats the pants off of 64 player servers if they get it to run smooth.

BF3 multiplayer is taking away commander, one of the coolest features from BF2

Its just going to be the same shit we've already seen and is in all modern warefare games just slightly different with the BF use of vehicles and better graphics.

Another year, another shooter claiming to have fixed dolphin diving  Roll Eyes

I've given up on most FPS because right now the FPS market is more stagnant than a port-a-potty.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »

im not even bothering looking at BF3, a few reasons.

Project Reality is working on 128 player servers!! That beats the pants off of 64 player servers if they get it to run smooth.

BF3 multiplayer is taking away commander, one of the coolest features from BF2

Its just going to be the same shit we've already seen and is in all modern warefare games just slightly different with the BF use of vehicles and better graphics.

Another year, another shooter claiming to have fixed dolphin diving  Roll Eyes

I've given up on most FPS because right now the FPS market is more stagnant than a port-a-potty.

I don't hear you complaining about RO2..  Grin
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 06:31:03 pm »

I don't hear you complaining about RO2..  Grin

damn straight! but that totally goes with out saying though amirite?

ok i just watched the video you posted.

first off, it looks gorgeous, but it's exactly as I expected, watch old BF2 videos, and it looks like the exact same thing, but with updated graphics. Like... exactly the same. Just you know, updated camera shaking, better smoke, blah blah.

And to be honest, I just can't come to terms this day and age that so many FPSs have a bullet count system rather than a magazine count. Even though I play them, I seriously, my biggest FPS pet peeve.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:02:06 pm by RikiRude » Logged
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 12:52:09 am »

You must not pay attention really well Riki.  The game uses a magazine count system, not bullet count.

The only person who gets a bullet count is the support machine gunner due to his belt-fed magazines.

Also, the game has a suppression system and lacks any HUD display for enemies unless spotted by a sniper.  There are classes and attachments with lots of gear, such as the engineers little drone to removing mines and disarming/arming objectives, etc.

It's pretty different than your bland 'Call of Duty - Modern Warfare' shooter, with more weight in how soldiers move and limitations on prone (you can't spin 360 degrees around while laying down, you have to shuffle and reposition yourself, can't bunny hop and gun, you actually have to grab walls and such with your hands to lunge over).  The gunplay and damage models are much more realistic, with people dying in 1-2 shots as well as vehicles taking locational damage (take out a tank's tread and its permenantly imobilized unless an engineer comes and fixes it, and vehicles don't just blow up at zero HP, shots go thru and only kill passengers on those sides, you got time to jump out, etc.

Please name another FPS that does all this, would like to know what game has already implemented all these plus destructable terrain.  And if you think this is the same, then so is Red Orchestra which both are sharing the same systems.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 01:28:45 am »

no i think you misunderstand me, when I say magazine count i mean you have rounds/magazines. so if you had a fully reloaded gun that held 30 rounds and you had 6 magazines left it would look like 30/6 . they instead have it as "30/180" because thats how many bullets you have left. with a magazine style reload, you cant fire off 7 rounds and do a tactical reload as often because if you do that you'll be at 30/5 rather than 30/183, with 6 magazines you only have 6 reloads you can do until you need an ammo pack.

everything else you mentioned though sounds aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwesome =D
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 01:32:22 am »

who cares about the bullet system seriously...so its one unrealistic thing among a dozen realistic ones lol

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 07:57:45 am »

I heard something about the physics getting an update with BF3...

Are we finally going to be able to shoot a hole in the roof?

Before you ask, no, you couldn't do that in Bad Company 2. The physics engine was limited in two major ways. First, while you can blow away walls to your hearts content, you cannot put a hole in a roof/ceiling above you - The engine didn't allow for it. The second point is that buildings will only come down with enough damage in the key points, like they had health. You could take down every wall but as long as you didn't touch the scaffolding, the building would stand.

I'd want to slap a wad of C4 onto the corner of a building and watch it crumble into itself, or throw some onto the ceiling and watch as a squad of enemies falls helplessly into my waiting sights.

I'd also want to put a 120mm round through through a missle rack on a tank and watch it detonate the round it hit and cause a (Albeit very fast) chain reaction leading to a very big boom.

*That* sort of shizzle is what piques my interest.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 08:23:36 am »

You can chip away pieces rather than sections. Watch the fault line trailer.

Now i dont know about roofs, i haven't seen anythign to that effect but meh it wouldn't be a game breaker on top f all the other cool stuff. Bullets do damage now, which is awesome.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 12:01:21 pm »

who cares about the bullet system seriously...so its one unrealistic thing among a dozen realistic ones lol

i do! its the hugest FPS pet peeve of mine haha. i know its not too big of a deal, but look at it this way. most of these games you are never going to run out of ammo, you just keep shooting and shooting. BUT if you have a magazine count, it puts more emphasis on having a support guy with an ammo bag (btw does anyone know what the class system is like for BF3?) in your squad, or if you run low on ammo picking up an enemies weapon and hoping he had more ammo than you. It adds a huge dynamic to the game that imo makes you think you and adds more teamwork which is always a good thing!

i always ALWAYS hold my breath on environmental destruction in multiplayer games. does anyone remember what BF2 promised in that sense? It was totally disappointing in the sense that the only thing you could do was destroy bridges.

either way, i will be buying this game, i still play BF2 in fact, and i dont just mean project reality.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 12:05:02 pm »

Tbh Riki, you must flat out wank over RO then considering that it uses mags, and the only indication of how much is left in the mag is it's weight being either light or heavy. :p
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 01:29:25 pm »

I watched that gameplay trailer. A solitary tear streamed down my cheek. It... It was so wonderful to behold...
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 01:44:07 pm »

no i think you misunderstand me, when I say magazine count i mean you have rounds/magazines. so if you had a fully reloaded gun that held 30 rounds and you had 6 magazines left it would look like 30/6 . they instead have it as "30/180" because thats how many bullets you have left. with a magazine style reload, you cant fire off 7 rounds and do a tactical reload as often because if you do that you'll be at 30/5 rather than 30/183, with 6 magazines you only have 6 reloads you can do until you need an ammo pack.

A magazine system like that is not realistic, you don't throw away ammunition or magazines just because you reload your weapon.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 01:45:08 pm »

It is actually, what isn't realistic is reloading after every time you fire off a burst, which is pretty much what you have to do in any fps.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc