Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:18:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pce out eirr  (Read 20689 times)
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 26, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »

See you all around when the mod is actually fun to play without having to run a gimmick.

It has become

"this spam beats that spam, or if you see X spam, spam X unit. Or, the most effective thing to do is spam X unit."

the days were you would actually have more than 3 units in a company, andwe dont argue about how we should make doctrines even more ridiculous.

Ambush bonus anywhere falls-
150 range no smoke arty on an 88-
6 sniper companies-
Main gun caliopes
Snipers with fireup
The list goes on.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:15:44 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »

See you all around when the mod is actually fun to play without having to run a gimmick.

It has become

"this spam beats that spam, or if you see X spam, spam X unit. Or, the most effective thing to do is spam X unit.

how could it go sooo far  Cry

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 01:18:28 pm »

kch can not get suppressed, 88 gets arty,... u forgot
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:20:45 pm by hans » Logged
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

As long as you are on vent, I could care less about you playig EiR or not Tongue

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:26:33 pm »

This, has made me chuckle. While you do not particularly run gimmicks (If at all) you ARE a total bastard for only playing with people who you know you are going to win with, or at least have a relatively high chance of doing so.

Also, since when the hell was main gun Calli's broken or ridiculous? That's been an EiRR thing for a long ass time. Everything else on that little list is promptly broken though tbh.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »

i dont know how it was in the past of eirr,

but atm it really sucks what u are facing as allies atm

mysthalin, demon, 8th, who will come next?

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:54 pm »

you'll be back as soon as the next patch hits, don't even pretend like you wont! I'm not sure why, but spam companies are just so much more fun. I haven't had this much fun playing EIRR with balanced companies. My croc spam armor is great, my 95mm crom is tons of fun, maybe you just need to spam something, if you cant beat em, join them!

Also, since when the hell was main gun Calli's broken or ridiculous? That's been an EiRR thing for a long ass time. Everything else on that little list is promptly broken though tbh.

I think he means having the callis main gun work with the T4? Which leads to some people having like 3 callis or something.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:31:48 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:31:50 pm »

you'll be back as soon as the next patch hits, don't even pretend like you wont! I'm not sure why, but spam companies are just so much more fun. I haven't had this much fun playing EIRR with balanced companies. My croc spam armor is great, my 95mm crom is tons of fun, maybe you just need to spam something, if you cant beat em, join them!

face doomfort of kch, sniper, 88, marder ....

u dont find the right thinks to spam against that shit

and axis have even more opportunities to spam certain units tbh
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:33:11 pm »

The combo of smoke + flamers + RRs beats everything you just mentioned. That doctrine also appears to have several powerful offmaps for your support. Without smoke you can just cap around it and FORCE them to spread their forces out and take them out 1 by 1. Spam is very effective if you play it with strategy and thought

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 01:33:53 pm »

The combo of smoke + flamers + RRs beats everything you just mentioned

rrs can u just get with airborne
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 01:34:10 pm »

face doomfort of kch, sniper, 88, marder ....

u dont find the right thinks to spam against that shit

and axis have even more opportunities to spam certain units tbh

or just artillery..
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 01:35:15 pm »

rrs can u just get with airborne

And that makes my post any less true how?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 01:36:43 pm »

or just artillery..

is that the sense of playin eirr, building doomforts and arty each other ? Hey then i can go back to normal coh
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 01:38:11 pm »

How about using your BRAIN and capping around the doomfort? It can't be on every side of the map, you can always concentrate your forces on 1 point and breakthrough because all the enemies other forces are not involved in the skirmish. If you want to attack head on atleast make sure you have smoke and smoke effective weapons equipped
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 01:39:48 pm »

is that the sense of playin eirr, building doomforts and arty each other ? Hey then i can go back to normal coh

no its not the sense of playing EIR, because I have not seen more than 3 people in the entire mod use an 88 + kch + sniper doomfort

People can say anything about any strategy, it's like.. did you expect everyone to be a noob and easy to beat? In multiplayer everyone is trying to have fun, so in reality only half of everyone will have fun in a certain time. Just because you were on the "not having fun" end doesn't mean everybody spams or builds gimmicks
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 01:43:06 pm »

thats because people dont play attack defend because they are scared of attacking.  I can't wait til attack/defend becomes the normal mode again.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 01:43:45 pm »

dum dum dum, another one bites the dust, dum dum dum, another one bites the dust,

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND another ones gone, another ones gone, another one bites the dust.

i think its cos i used 3 snipers vs him and he rages cos he lost the game. yet all his team did was sit and fire arty all game lul.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 01:45:09 pm »

thats because people dont play attack defend because they are scared of attacking.  I can't wait til attack/defend becomes the normal mode again.

+1

why is everyone except me retarded?
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:08 pm »

thats because people dont play attack defend because they are scared of attacking.  I can't wait til attack/defend becomes the normal mode again.

but dont have axis a big advantage in this game mod?
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 01:48:51 pm »

Axis are generally more fun to play as and imo easier to play due to higher cost units which perform better if used correctly

but big advantage ..... not really there more fun when starting up and continue to be more fun but both sides have strnghs and weaknesses

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc