Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:07:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pce out eirr  (Read 20679 times)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 11:18:49 pm »

really? By getting the super duper multipliers of vet 2 + ambush cloak + being in cover
you negate smoke?

The numbers might suggest it (115%, 2 x 133%) but i'm pretty sure thats not how the modifiers work together. Fg42s or whatever weapon your fsj's are packing still have to look a square 0.25% modifer for shooting shit in smoke. Some dev will have to enlighten us, I can never remeber how stacking modifiers are calculated in coh..

Another thing is that the ambush is temporary, and being in cover is not really something you want to be when the flamer comes a'rolling

Plus, its pretty easy to diss a luft for being good before AB is even in..

The t4 gives them +33% while they are in cover.  That's before you take into account the Vet 2 + ambush bonus. Smoke is no defense against that kind of uber buff.

I know this because I see it game in and game out. Vet 2 falls with that t4 in cover are getting +48% more accuracy before you factor in the ambush bonus.

It's a t4 that is way too powerful because it completely negates smoke, and falls in their current state can chew up even 2 flamer squads at once before losing a man even while in green cover (when they should be at a major disadvantage).

The original point still stands: 8th has a valid point about falls being too strong with all their buffs, and EliteGren's comment that "nothing on that list beats rrs+flamers+smoke" isn't correct.

Stick to the facts bro.

-Wind
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:20:23 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:26 pm »

I'm trying to "stick with the facts", and I hardly see that a modifier reducing their accuracy by 75% can be negated/invalidated by a 48% buff. Is smoke covered inf less powerful vs top t4 compared to some other infantry buffing t4s? Yeah. Then again PE dont have highly damaging grenades or flamers themselves. The riflenade is nice, but it's more of a support function.  Smoke is very powerful against PE. They have to pick doctrine unlocks and doctrine abilities to deal with it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:23:11 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 11:25:10 pm »

Just to clarify: I'm not opposed to the notion that the top T4 for luft might be overbuffing them. I just think using smoke covered engineers being less effective against them is a horrible example as to why.

Really I think we should just drop the whole smoke cover vs luft accuracy buffs-argument because smoke is a basic faction-wide problem for PE that some doctrine abilities help reduce the effiency of against them, not something that gets specificly raped as a game mechanic in the case of Falls.

You should rather talk about how lackluster the fg42 and the base fsj platform is without buffs, how meaningless the static ambush is against a okay player and finally about how this doctrine buff turns it all around.. Sad
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:31:14 pm by Smokaz » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »

I don't get the logistics of what you guys are arguing about, but falls with all those bonuses are retardedly strong, no fun fighting against them because nothing works. can't kill them with a croc because their fausts do such insane damage.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 12:46:50 am »

Also, since when the hell was main gun Calli's broken or ridiculous? That's been an EiRR thing for a long ass time. Everything else on that little list is promptly broken though tbh.
Indeed, and most addressed in the next patch (with assigning cache costs finally).

6 Sniper companies!?  Bring it.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:35 am »

thats because people dont play attack defend because they are scared of attacking.  I can't wait til attack/defend becomes the normal mode again.
+1000
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 02:31:46 am »

All the spam is EIRRMod's fault. No seriously, the dude was a notorious spammer in times past, ran around with puddin all the time. I know your secret LuciferNZ, you can't hide the truth!

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2011, 02:36:22 am »

My issue with EIRR is that you are forced into an infantry centric game. Tanks are only there to eat up fuel.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2011, 03:00:28 am »

the problem with attacking is good defenders will attack as soon as they can, this just leads to a ME style battle with one side on a huge disadvantage.

The way A/D needs to be done is with one side just defending, make it so territory captures slower but once the attackers capture it the defenders can get it back. Or it takes them twice as long to recapture or something.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2011, 03:05:43 am »

the problem with attacking is good defenders will attack as soon as they can, this just leads to a ME style battle with one side on a huge disadvantage.

The way A/D needs to be done is with one side just defending, make it so territory captures slower but once the attackers capture it the defenders can get it back. Or it takes them twice as long to recapture or something.

Or have the defenders have a longer call in timer for reinforcements.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2011, 03:07:58 am »

Yeah double team defenders and laugh then. Still dont understand why everyone thinks defending gives u the edge. Id rather see more R+games.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:16:01 am by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2011, 03:09:07 am »

All the spam is EIRRMod's fault. No seriously, the dude was a notorious spammer in times past, ran around with puddin all the time. I know your secret LuciferNZ, you can't hide the truth!

WHY WOULD YOU EXPOSE HIM!
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 09:34:07 am »

I can't wait til attack/defend becomes the normal mode again.

The best thing that could happen to spam is get rid of ME & RE games. Put it to random attack / defend.

You would have to build balanced companies to be prepared for both types of battle. Your game results would be based on the skill of tactics and smart play, rather than my blob beats your blob.

Most of the players in this community would be against this as they don't know how to play unless it is a gimmick or spam.

Wait for it..... here it comes.... any second someone will say it takes skills to run some spam companies.....LOL

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

So why dont you fucking do it then? How hard is it to simply disable everything but R+ mode with R+ actually being random in a hotfix?
 Cool

Your project manager, do stuff
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2011, 09:40:11 am »

See you all around when the mod is actually fun to play without having to run a gimmick.

It has become

"this spam beats that spam, or if you see X spam, spam X unit. Or, the most effective thing to do is spam X unit."

the days were you would actually have more than 3 units in a company, andwe dont argue about how we should make doctrines even more ridiculous.

Ambush bonus anywhere falls-
150 range no smoke arty on an 88-
6 sniper companies-
Main gun caliopes
Snipers with fireup
The list goes on.

This is how the mod has always been. And always will be. Embrace it. Love it. This is why we love Europe in Ruins. I will post an old post of mine which can perhaps explain better than I ever could now.

OP:

EIR lets us traverse the Phantasy by allowing us to overidentify (to the point of absurdity) with the Real. Like other works of absurdity, EIR doesn't show what reality is (atleast not directly) but rather takes the false images present in the Phantasy and caricatures them. This reveals the inherent contradiction between the real real and the Real allowing us to catch a glimpse, even if just for a moment, of truth or reality. Absurdity shatters the foundations with which the false images are built on by showing them as they truly are; false. At that point the only proper response is laughter. To see the ideals (the Symbolic) on which our life is based to be ethereal lies leaves us with nothing. There is no other proper response.

EIR is a game built on top of code and numbers. Like every game it has an optimal strategy which destroys the nature (or spirit) of the game, but finding which is technically the object of the game. So often we delude ourselves that our fellow players will play to the "spirit" of the game. Yet, that is only a delusion, as you now know. Yet, we players keep playing. Like the absurd hero who rolls the rock up the mountain every moment of existence,

One must imagine EIR players happy.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2011, 09:44:17 am »

So why dont you fucking do it then? How hard is it to simply disable everything but R+ mode with R+ actually being random in a hotfix?
 Cool

le bump

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2011, 09:45:55 am »

Cool

Monsterkillllllll

why is everyone except me retarded?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2011, 09:53:08 am »

Rocksitter?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 09:57:18 am »

Rocksitter?

trololo
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:02 am »

Cool

Dude, because they are busy doing other stuff....

...like throwing parties with an oiled naked pile of Phillipino ladyboys.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc