Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 11:32:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Flak 88  (Read 6730 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 13, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »

What could possibly make this unit worthwhile now that one artillery shell is enough to decrew it and all the major allied doctrines have artillery?

Before there was a large risk-reward factor because it was expensive and took a long time to set up, during which time it could be intercepted. The unit was similar to the Tiger because it was a high tier and expensive yet useful and a favored unit because it was one of the strengths of the defensive doctrine and also because to counter the 88 you had to bring infantry and not tanks, just like when countering a Tiger you have to bring AT and not AI.

But now that one artillery shell decrews it there is no way to make up for it's cost. On the off chance that you get to place a Flak 88 close to enemy lines and actually finish building it then it's still useless because it gets countered instantly by any artillery and if it can't stay on the field for more than 5 seconds then it's obviously not a good Anti-Tank piece.

The unit itself wasn't even considered a problem until it's potential to also be used as an artillery unit was revealed, which made it useful in larger numbers and even enabled things like countering other artillery. Yet now you have removed everything BUT the artillery.

If artillery is added as an extra super counter to this immobile unit then shouldn't it at least get the ability to move? Either that or revert the changes that made it useless and remove the T3 that gives it artillery.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:20:58 pm »

Sure, sounds awesome.

One question though: the fuck have you been smoking?

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:22:25 pm »

I had a long, well thought out and backed up post going through my mind but then I thought you know what...

Stop sucking with it.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:23:04 pm »

well OMG mod has movable 88s so aint that OP, pack time + set up time makes very risky so it pays of

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:25:19 pm »

Stop sucking with it.

Right, the next time artillery drops on my 88 I'll just move it away from the artillery. Oh wait, that's not possible.

One question though: the fuck have you been smoking?

Trolling in balance is against the rules. This is your second time.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:31:16 pm »

Depends on whether or not this is classifiable as a legitimate balance concern in the first place.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

The armor type of the flak 88 was changed.

General:

- New armour types have been added, the following units have been affected:
     - Sherman Jumbo
     - Flak
     - Scout Car
     - Armoured Car
     - Infantry Halftrack
     - Stummel
     - Munitions Halftrack
     - Tank Hunter Zimmerit Vehicles
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:51:09 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »

The unit was similar to the Tiger because it was a high tier and expensive yet useful and a favored unit because it was one of the strengths of the defensive doctrine and also because to counter the 88 you had to bring infantry and not tanks, just like when countering a Tiger you have to bring AT and not AI.

Except... you could have 2 tigers with mediocre buffs and pop efficiency and you could easily have 5 88s with awesome buffs and pop efficiency

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 01:40:36 pm »

and the 88 can fire with arty at mortars, infantry and atgs that try to attack it, nerf pl0x.

p.s. I use the defensive doctrine and this ability, its one of my favs but lets be reasonable, arguing only one side makes things appear worse than it really is.

The 88 is an awesome unit that causes the enemy faction to focus a lot of their time and energy on taking it out because it can deny a bit area of a map.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »

The armor type of the flak 88 was changed.

lol you have arrived at the next level of "why am I reading what youre saying?"

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=23512.msg415112#msg415112
- New armour types have been added, the following units have been affected:
     - Sherman Jumbo
     - Flakvierling
     - Scout Car
     - Armoured Car
     - Infantry Halftrack
     - Stummel
     - Munitions Halftrack
     - Tank Hunter Zimmerit Vehicles

everything you say is a pointless combination of letters and when you try to use facts you twist them.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 02:09:32 pm »

well OMG mod has movable 88s so aint that OP, pack time + set up time makes very risky so it pays of

dont compare OMG and EIRR, it different play styles, if u reduce fuel at current meta axis will be doomed cuz of arty and amount of inf allies can get

9th Armoured Engineers
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 02:31:48 pm »

it applies to the 88 also?

all this talk about changing the armor of the 88 and it never happened?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:41:39 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 05:56:10 pm »

it applies to the 88 also?

all this talk about changing the armor of the 88 and it never happened?

pretty much lmao
taco355 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 07:15:35 pm »

So you want your giant ass gun that blows the shit out of my tanks to move and/or be almost invulnerable to my artillery again?

No.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 01:12:24 am »

ahnung u should read before quoting
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 02:53:01 am »

why do people insist on single units not being strong enough, EIR isnt about one god unit to rule them all.

its about a combination of arms, and using them to their best ability.
So the 88 is vulnerable wah wah, my 25pdr emplacements are doomed vs hummel and its flame shell blanket of doom.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 03:00:10 am »

Yeah... Nah, I think it's strong enough, hell, go use a PE flak for a while, then you'll never think the Wher one is weak again, lol

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thingafter they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 07:31:01 am »

so pony, u have a problem with the direct counter to the flak? Oh yeah, we have to nurf the counters of certain units. Thats the way to go...

PS: compared with the tiger, hmm, i can get more than 2 flaks, alot more

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:20 am »

I only use the top T4 88 which I fucking love, and we haven't had a patch in forever, and I was using arty 88 sometime ago and it was fine, I don't get what pony is complaining about.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 12:04:36 pm »

well pony i do i agree with your analyses. I also like your suggestions how to solve that problem.

just one question. why are posting that? Do you think that anything will change? or that one of the trolls gets banned?

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc