Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:16:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goliath  (Read 33302 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 03:10:08 pm »

np rols, they can nerf golis but as u said new start will come and QQ will continue....  Wink

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2012, 04:03:56 pm »

Can we atleast get the target priorities for the quad and boys at fixed, im sick to death of them targeting the volks or pios that screen the goliath, its infuriating.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2012, 04:12:46 pm »

I think some kind of agreement can come.

1. Change target priority, I think everyone can agree that goli should always be a top priority for any unit. This will be a big change that's much needed.

2. Take from LV pool, not infantry pool. An incredibly small change imo, but it doesnt really make sense for it to be from the inf pool simply because inf builds it.

3. See how this effects the golis, if they are still a huge problem, raise pop to 2, or increase price slightly, by maybe 20 mu or 5 more fu.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 10:12:08 pm »

TBH, even with my Vet5 company, I just hit the retreat button and make sure to focus fire the fucker the next time. Yes it's a pain in the ass, but ATGs are pretty decent at nailing it, quads do a decent job, and riflemen are expendable enough to either kill it or escape with at least one man if it goes off.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2012, 11:52:22 pm »

TBH, even with my Vet5 company, I just hit the retreat button

TBF isn't that how you fight with all of your companies?

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 09:20:26 am »

TBF isn't that how you fight with all of your companies?

So apart from being a pussy with some of my units, smartass, the moral of the story is, if caught taking a piss, retreat and have your units ready to focus fire come next time.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 01:32:22 pm »

Alright so leo just confirmed this.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=25374.msg446743;topicseen#new

As far as I can tell, that means we won't see targeting for the goliath switched, which proves that it will indeed need a nerf since the underlying "problem" of the unit, is actually a "feature" if I read Leo correctly.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 01:45:53 pm »

the underlying problem of the goliath is that you can't micro your units?
lol
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 01:57:11 pm »

Leo, cut the snide a little will you? Unless you've got uberpro skills clicking that rather tiny Goliath when it's moving at full speed is harder than it should be. And as said before while quads are the answer you cant kite them worth a damn as (as far as I've been told) they will re-target for inf when you give a move order.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 01:59:26 pm »

Nothing wrong with Goliaths.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 02:10:33 pm »

Nothing wrong with Goliaths.

But there is, they are extremely difficult to counter with infantry based companies.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2012, 02:16:05 pm »

And tank reaper zook based companies are extremely hard to counter as pe, especially TD....
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 02:17:39 pm »

Leo, cut the snide a little will you? Unless you've got uberpro skills clicking that rather tiny Goliath when it's moving at full speed is harder than it should be. And as said before while quads are the answer you cant kite them worth a damn as (as far as I've been told) they will re-target for inf when you give a move order.

now this is workable information. the goliath being hard to attack-click coz its small is understandable, saying unit targeting is broken in the bug forum is not.
naming a specific unit which has targeting problems (quad) is better than talking about "many many units" while saying it in the wrong forum board.
but why so aggressive nikomas?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 02:19:18 pm »

Ahhh, good to have you back Leo.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

I'll say it, it's too much fucking micro!

To be able to move your unit this way and that while also clicking on the goliath is quite difficult, I'm not a great player by any means, but I consider myself to be decent, and trying to circle my quad around something while at the same time trying to click on a moving goliath is a bit out of my league.

But you know what the goliath player does? they just click that goliath towards the unit, the micro vs micro is ridiculous. The person with the goliaths uses WAY less effort then the person trying to avoid the goliaths.

Goliath companies are nothing more than grief companies as 90% of the time the totally eliminate any soft targets. when i bring counters vs goliaths I'm still relying on the person with the goliaths to fuck up.

AND NO ONE has posted any useful posts or tactics vs goliaths, the only people rallying to the side of the goliath are those abusing them.

Another thing, with goliaths come pios which help win a capping war. so the goliath player has mass units out capping, with units of mass destruction, and most goliath players also have a KT and pumas to boot. and anything that's good at countering goliaths is nullified vs pumas.

I challenge anyone who says the goliaths are fine to post a replay of them facing off agaisnt rolc and shabs goliath companies and winning and showing tactics to beat the goliath spam, if you don't then stfu on the subject.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2012, 02:24:32 pm »

now this is workable information. the goliath being hard to attack-click coz its small is understandable, saying unit targeting is broken in the bug forum is not.
naming a specific unit which has targeting problems (quad) is better than talking about "many many units" while saying it in the wrong forum board.
but why so aggressive nikomas?

because it's seemingly ALL units. we've already mentioned that. you want me to go down the list of every single unit which doesn't target goliath over pios?

and as i said, is there ANY reason a unit should target something else before targeting a goliath? NO there is absolutely not!

Another point i have to make is that goliath spam companies can fight anything, where as a company made to counter goliaths is ill equipped to fight off much else other than maybe infantry blobs. Which a counter to goliath is a .30 cal, which volks can usually easily over come.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:42:29 pm by RikiRude » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2012, 02:32:59 pm »

Yes, fix the target priorities. Then the Goliath can remain as a defensive ambush unit and not as an offensive infantry and ATG counter.

The biggest issue is that they are difficult to target with infantry. They are small and they move fast. This would be less of a problem if the Goliath didn't have the lowest target priority of all units.

Quote from: Leophone
we can also make tanks and infantry prioritize snipers over normal infantry. but we don't.

Not a good comparison. Sniper don't move at fast speeds, are easier to target and don't blow up when you get too close. A better comparison would be if Anti-Tank guns had higher priority over Infantry than Tanks. It would be frustrating as hell, just like how Goliaths are now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:38:51 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2012, 02:34:20 pm »

It's funny, in the thread which Leo so quickly locked he said that tanks don't prioritise Snipers over normal infantry...

The priorities are equal. Snipers tend not to get locked onto by tanks when they are near other infantry because they are the last infantry to be seen (Thanks to cloak).

Quads firing at Pios over Goliaths though is not equal priorities at work. That's Pio's being higher in the priority table.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2012, 02:45:28 pm »

Hicks makes a good point. I agree they should be equal
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 02:49:28 pm »

because it's seemingly ALL units. we've already mentioned that. you want me to go down the list of every single unit which doesn't target goliath over pios?

and as i said, is there ANY reason a unit should target something else before targeting a goliath? NO there is absolutely not!

riki, I just showed the way you're talking is pretty shit while giving an example of how it should be done(thanks niko).
please take a step back instead of instantly starting to talk crap again.

anyway, lets go trough the list of units that can target the goliath over pios.
ALL ATGS
ALL VEHICLE MAIN WEAPONS
ALL LMGS
ALL SMGS
ALL RIFLES

It's funny, in the thread which Leo so quickly locked he said that tanks don't prioritise Snipers over normal infantry...

The priorities are equal. Snipers tend not to get locked onto by tanks when they are near other infantry because they are the last infantry to be seen (Thanks to cloak).

Quads firing at Pios over Goliaths though is not equal priorities at work. That's Pio's being higher in the priority table.
oh yes hicks, did you also note my post where I praised nikomas for pointing out the quad? why do you think that is?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc