Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:01:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first impressions of eir balancing at the moment  (Read 12442 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 07:42:12 pm »

Honestly when I use HE units, I just use the main gun 80% of the time, you hit more often that way. I only use HE when I'm firing over something, or if there's a blob. Too much of a gamble using the HE rounds imo.

Also you try a pak or two or panthers vs HE shermans? they won't be a problem. even if they pop smoke you'll probably still hit them.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 08:01:24 pm »

I like how the Tiger Ace can switch between AP and HE rounds. Maybe that would be a good replacement for the sherman?

edit:
It does have a toggle, but I'm talking more about a splash increase rather than the traditional regular and KABOOM

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 08:04:45 pm »

I like how the Tiger Ace can switch between AP and HE rounds. Maybe that would be a good replacement for the sherman?

edit:
It does have a toggle, but I'm talking more about a splash increase rather than the traditional regular and KABOOM

wut?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »

Make HE toggle buff increase splash an appropriate amount rather than give it a semi-stuh shot.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 09:08:29 pm »

It used to. The first incarnation of HE rounds simply upped the splash radius of the rounds be a sizable factor, whilst reducing penetration.

It was horrendously OP. Why? Making Sherman or Pershing splash much bigger than it already is just fucks infantry over. The only way for enhanced splash to work is there to be an element of randomness involved - Such as a round taking time to fly through the air and not having perfect accuracy where it lands. Rolling hits with splash enhanced rounds just destroys everything, including support weapons (Read: Paks too) from the front in one round.

Just imagine Tiger/Tiger Ace HE rounds having pin-point accuracy.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 03:07:25 am »

Just for the record, no significant changes were made to basic axis vs allies balance in the last year or so. Potential doctrine imbalances and veterancy discrepancy are however no doubt playing a significant role in forming this perception of yours. (Together with general inexperience and the fact that you are more likely to fight better allied players than you are better axis ones)
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 04:29:30 am »

Just for the record, no significant changes were made  in the last year or so.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 05:31:41 am »

lol

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Sever5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:39 am »

however... this was just to give an statement of my first impression playing eir since a long time(some month). and its fact, faust are nearly useles for me. only to hit very low armored units. so using them means u have to wait until u can use it in a worthy way and that doesnt mean against any armoured unit. and the tiger... even when i hit a position where 3-4 of a squads are standing only 1 dies or not even one dies... in addition comes the very high reload period wich would be no problem if he could get 1-2-3 in one shot by guarantee. but as i sad... sometimes he hits and not even one falls to the dust.

but i could be wromg and i dont want to force anyone changing especialy this. i just wanted to mention - something have to be changed there.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:53 am »

just for the record: big changes were made.

pe inf sucks now completly.idk what has changed in the past year but i know that when i had my first hummel on vet 3 the pe inf was competetive to allied infantry. I think they had soldier armor. ah and hellcat became also a badass.

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
JimBob Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 08:49:58 am »

I think tiger could be better, it was the bst tank of ww2 afterall like sever5 said.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 08:52:40 am »

The tiger, as a base unit, has... literally remained completely unchanged over the entire time I've been here. It has not had a single change done to it. Now, stuff like IMBA(Improved Barrels) was removed, and there's no more of the old HEAT rounds - but the tiger itself has not been changed.

JimBob Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 08:55:27 am »

The tiger, as a base unit, has... literally remained completely unchanged over the entire time I've been here. It has not had a single change done to it. Now, stuff like IMBA(Improved Barrels) was removed, and there's no more of the old HEAT rounds - but the tiger itself has not been changed.

If other things were changed why he was not changed also ?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 08:58:02 am »

Because you can't fix something that ain't broken. Time has proven that the base unit is fine
JimBob Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 09:13:48 am »

So why people say that tiger should be better?
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 09:14:56 am »

cause the enviroment has changed
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:38 am »

pe inf sucks now completly.idk what has changed in the past year but i know that when i had my first hummel on vet 3 the pe inf was competetive to allied infantry. I think they had soldier armor. ah and hellcat became also a badass.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 09:19:54 am »

So why people say that tiger should be better?

People say lots of things
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 09:23:24 am »

tiger is useless. Anyone who claims different should give me replay...
JimBob Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 09:25:58 am »

So if allied units are better now and tiger lost stuff, wouldn't an logical approach dictate that tiger will perform worse now resulting in people noticing it and wanting to make tiger better so it can face it allied counterparts on a equal term thus changed environment equaling change in style of gameplay which results in a tiger that cannot perform it's old role because the game it was designed for no longer exists thus resulting in a tiger that is bad for current meta.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc