Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 12:29:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Poll
Question: Do we need a reset?
We need it - 11 (50%)
We dont need it - 11 (50%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for a reset  (Read 15342 times)
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: December 01, 2013, 10:55:43 am »

After reset games are way more interesting, again gaining doctrine unlocks and fighting some reward units with yours almost vanila companies.. Epic times after reset must come back tbh since we dont get patch i believe its for you (Devs) is not that hard to do a wipe. Keep in mind every reset we had before were bringing back people because its so damn fun to play again

something fresh

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:45:31 am »

reset?

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:59:45 am »

Watch what happens when we have a reset, reward units come before doctrines, and we have JT's, Elefants and Maus against vanilla companies.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:03:57 pm »

but its damn epic hix, i remember when heartmann go tiger ace after 1st game after reset, shit was fun errbody was building coys to hunt him lol
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 12:53:42 pm »

Watch what happens when we have a reset, reward units come before doctrines, and we have JT's, Elefants and Maus against vanilla companies.

That's a good point. I'd have to up the difficulty of getting those cards. That's something for eirrmod to consider when he's working on the launcher.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 01:08:12 pm »

The reward cards are kinda nuts atm.

Getting tired of seeing super heavies every other game. Forcing companies to go AT-heavy.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 01:10:59 pm »

The reward cards are kinda nuts atm.

Getting tired of seeing super heavies every other game. Forcing companies to go AT-heavy.

The truth has been spoken.

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 01:19:38 pm »

Honestly, we could just strip out the sillier super heavies, I'm starting to get along quite well with that idea.

That aside, downing the rate seems fine to me.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:21:49 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 01:45:42 pm »

the rate is fine.  Just need to make it so that each company can only have 1 of (elefant/maus/tiger ace/JT/KT/JP) instead of one of each...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 01:58:55 pm »

The Maus needs to be one per team, or just needs to GTFO.

3k hp, best armour in the game, and the weaponry to make sure anything other than an 40-80 pop AT rush isn't even gonna scratch it.

Slightly exaggerated with the pop, but you get the idea.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »

3k hp, best armour in the game, and the weaponry to make sure anything other than an 40-80 pop AT rush isn't even gonna scratch it.

What about people who run maus as well? That would fuck up game resource wise if others can not use what they have earned/bought. There are only two options Hicks. Remove it or hit it with nerf bat (presumeably not the way EIRR normally nerfs units aka OVER DOES it)

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 02:46:13 pm »

The thing is just completely out of place anyhow. It excels at everything, has the durability to keep trucking and it's supposed weakness (Speed) can easily be compensated for by jumping on a road, as well as by all of it's other perks.

It takes serious levels of screwing up to lose when fielding a Maus, or co-ordination above and beyond what you'll be expected to use from the opponents.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »

The thing is just completely out of place anyhow. It excels at everything, has the durability to keep trucking and it's supposed weakness (Speed) can easily be compensated for by jumping on a road, as well as by all of it's other perks.

It takes serious levels of screwing up to lose when fielding a Maus, or co-ordination above and beyond what you'll be expected to use from the opponents.

Doesn't maus have exactly the SAME speed on road as it has offroad? And only effected parts are accell maybe dec.

Then again I never tried that piece myself, instead of throwing off a lil' rant about it, I'd rather read which of the options would be more suitable. Nerfing what in it? Nerf its armor and it becomes a better king tiger. Nerf its weapon and it becomes a well armored king tiger etc. I think no matter what is done to it, its closest comparison is the old King tiger.
clonetroopers Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 03:42:04 pm »

it is very fun to see what 1 stickies and 5 shermans can do to a maus, just ask kipsinas
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 04:17:46 pm »

No one can argue with hicks on this, the maus breaks eirr gameplay.
Untill  the allies get a comparable jack of all trades super unit its almost gg especially in a 2v2 map.

The amount of at mines and stickies it takes to deter one let alone kill it pretty well runs your company dry.

Gimps atgs even 76/17pdrs with apdsr.
it one two punches fireflies for fucksake

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 04:26:01 pm »

I agree with Hicks aswell... I myself find the Maus very easy to use.. Just dont back up when you see an atg like you normally do with other tanks, destroy it. I've also noticed that its accuracy vs inf has been increased? Somehow I always roll hilarious hits  Cool

Not to mention that combination of offmaps and doctrine stuff can make the Maus a gamechanger, and there is simply no way for you to counter it. Let's see... Luftwaffe doc -->  henschel run x2 = prevents the maus from being swarmed by TDs, which is the only way to kill it ; +6 pop mid t4 = in fact you get the maus for 22-6=16 pop ( just like a tiger) -> second and last weakness ( huge pop count) has been solved
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 04:30:39 pm »

Why don't you guys start a topic about the Maus?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 04:41:10 pm »

Can't do that. We can make the card some ungodly levels or rare I think. There's no way we can restrict a unit to any given team.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 05:17:23 pm »

you should make it ungodly rare, that will offset the ability to use the maus both quantitatively and qualitatively.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 05:18:40 pm »

Hmm, it would be a fuck ton of work to make it happen.

I'd be much more inclined to pan the unit. Just because something exists doesn't mean we MUST include it into EiRR, does it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc