Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:38:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airboune LMG  (Read 18349 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 02:44:01 pm »

Garand stats w. current Carbine damage would work fine I think..

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 02:48:18 pm »

i like that idea. Carbine was a heck of a weapon. I'd rather have 6 lugers than 6 carbines in coh

Carbine was a (relatively) terrible weapon. Innacurate past a few hundred meters, and a bullet so light that it was often stopped by the Germans' heavy winter clothing...

The gun was designed to be issued to medics, officers, and the like so that M1911's could be given to front line troops as secondaries instead. It's not a main battle rifle like the garand.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2011, 03:22:11 pm »

The carbine isn't designed for use as a main battle rifle, the clue is in the name, carbine.

Carbines are designed as shortened Rifles that can be used in enclosed spaces where their bigger brothers would struggle. A carbine will do heaps more for you than a Garand ever will if you go house clearing. On the other hand, I'd take a Garand over a carbine for ranged shooting any time.

If people want to screw with carbine stats, make it good at short range, mediocre at medium range and pathetic at long range.

Hell, up the rate of fire so they can actually pour out a magazine and you probably wont have to change any of the accuracy or damage variables involved.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011, 03:53:22 pm »

You guys can keep blabbering on all you like, it's not happening.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:43 pm »

...carbines need a buff! or give ab garands, its only right. I hate having AB and then seeing anything but a tank and going "run!"

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 05:29:05 pm »

Airborne is fine as it is actually... just update the fucking doctrine.

why is everyone except me retarded?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »

+1

tho maybe not in that language
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 05:45:45 pm »

If i may offer a suggestion.

Give Airboune the Option to buy x2 BARs (80Mun....

your suggestion sucks

rework it

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 05:55:43 pm »

My problem with this LMG is that it kind of defeats the purpose of Airborne Riflemen, who are the AI version of airborne.

Normal AB are the AT. When you make an establishment unit, that has always been phenominal at AT duties, dual role, then you start to run into problems.

not only does the LMG allow normal AB to have a conflicting role with AB riflemen, allowing you to bypass a T2 unlock and still have acceptable AI type airborne, the LMG doesnt fit the unit. Among all the other reasons listed before, its a weapon that requires you to stay stationary when AB's bonuses are received while moving.

The Johnson LMG was also a field modification to a 30.cal employed by Marines in the Pacific, ie. troops did not jump ouf planes with this thing. We have Marines as a reward unit, this LMG was for them, not for AB, that was Firespark's little thing.

Regardless of what the trend in thinking may be, I like to keep RL stuff based in Presentation and appearance. The Lmg could fire nukes for all I care, the point is that Marines used the weapon, not the Airborne. (Hyperbole, but you get my point)

It just needs to be removed from AB all togather, the LMG is only there on AB because it exists and allies want something cool.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:59:41 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 06:13:46 pm »

Why not make AB riflemen 3 or 4 man squads with garands and can purchase grenades? No bars
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 06:25:49 pm »

Why not make AB riflemen 3 or 4 man squads with garands and can purchase grenades? No bars

That would make the squad worse, that's not what we want. AB riflemen dont need to be touched afaik, that's not the problem.

currently, AB riflemen are just Riflemen with parachutes because we want to allow players to make an all paradroppable army if they choose. (might tie into warmap later)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:12 pm »

That would make the squad worse, that's not what we want. AB riflemen dont need to be touched afaik, that's not the problem.

currently, AB riflemen are just Riflemen with parachutes because we want to allow players to make an all paradroppable army if they choose. (might tie into warmap later)

Ground, you have a damn good idea about what the mod is all about. It's all AB should be, no additional armours via doctrine buffs I hope Wink.

You guys can keep blabbering on all you like, it's not happening.

Last time I checked you were a coder and not a BT member rofl. Being negative only attracts a negative response. Denying the people who play the game the option of discussing a balance change is just utterly stupid.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:27:19 pm by spinn72 » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 07:26:54 pm »

It's all they should be, no additional armours via doctrine buffs I hope Wink.

Last time I checked you were a coder and not a BT member rofl.
You know who the BT members are? Please share with us. *sarcasm*

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 07:44:11 pm »

I still feel like my idea needs to be implemented, or get rid of it for AB, gives marines to infantry Cheesy
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 07:53:17 pm »

Deny, aquire tards, $$$ tards

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2011, 09:35:16 pm »

it come down to this, airborne riflemen are not airborne. they are rifles that paradrop. regular rifles. no fire up, no ab armor. why am i going to bother taking the chance of dropping regular rifles that take up more pool cost and MP, when i can just use you know... regular rifles. of course the quick drop makes them more useful.

i dont get why commandos get piat versions and stens, luft get shit, like 4 different upgrade? storms get assault, bundle nade, mp44s, and schreck, rangers get zooks and thompsons.

piats, great AT you can hide behind of stuff, stens, some of the best AI in the game.
luft, i cant comment, never used them, but everything seems quite effective.
storms, get cloak, and mp44 cost is a bit high, but very effective and all their tools are great and fairly prices, and double shrecks are awesome.
rangers, zooks awesome against light vehicles, decent against tanks, thompsons are great.
AB, RRs are awesome. satchels expensive and aren't entirely useful since you dont have many stationary targets. and... get a grenade. i wont run AB with just nades, its fucking stupid.

a lot of this would probably be solved if we knew what the AB doctrine was going to look like... but until then im going to keep bitching about AB not having an AI option, im sick of using regular rifles haha.

is there a good reason why i cant just have some AB used for

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2011, 04:27:56 am »

Last time I checked you were a coder and not a BT member rofl. Being negative only attracts a negative response. Denying the people who play the game the option of discussing a balance change is just utterly stupid.

And you know full well I don't need to be a BT member to know what is and what isn't happening.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2011, 04:42:28 am »

And you know full well I don't need to be a BT member to know what is and what isn't happening.

Then explain how the balance team gave the Airborne an LMG in the first place, or how they are such things as 4 man KCH squads, or maybe eveb Falls with Rifelnades?  Roll Eyes Tongue

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2011, 04:46:24 am »

Ask the lovely Balance Team Smiley
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2011, 04:49:00 am »

Why is it called balance team?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc