Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 02:11:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Balance  (Read 46202 times)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2012, 10:49:24 am »

bye bye storms. it was nice knowing you... Take care!

The ones who are complaining are the ones who never playes with them tbh...

You have any idea how fucked you are if one rifle squad and engi flamethrower squad run into you?

if you get pinned?-blitzkrieg/keep it movinh

if you get uncloaked by a tank?-blitzkrieg/keep it moving

I dont know, but dual shreck storms is probably the unit with most threats except snipers tbh.

But obv you seem to listen to them who complain the most?

also stormtroopers have never been an issue until now, people have never complained before.

i can sum with up pretty well.

Blitzkrieg also if you decloak a storm with a tank your fucking retarded lol  2 double schreked storms vs 1 sherman

Insert brilliant face meme here----->

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2012, 11:00:04 am »

Sure they can hit and run.
Storms can cloak and ambush.

yay fireup, with the negative of a cooldown and exhaustion.
No penalty for using cloak.

And Tym goes full retard and believes schreks are good in smoke. Want to test? Do some long range fire at a stationary target. What schreks miss, RRs hit.

EDIT: Back in the office and not on my phone. Tym, cloak has a huge disadvantage, it makes you slow. Oh wait, slow isn't a disadvantage right? So destroyed engine means nothing....

Stormies with dual schreks are pretty good, but by no means impossible or even that hard to counter. If they escape after hitting your tank you are doing it wrong. They are still just grenadiers, so kill them like grenadiers. Hell, no one complains that dual schrek grens are OP. So it must not be the weapons. This leaves either the little extra HP or the cloak as your reason for crying.

Cloaking is stupid in and of itself on every unit that has it, and I firmly believe that all bikes/jeeps/etc should have Infantry and Vehicle Awareness out to 20m or so. Hell, you could remove cloak except in cover from all units and make teh game better IMO.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:14:45 am by AmPM » Logged

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2012, 11:11:25 am »

yeah no tym, Schreks do not perform like RRS in smoke.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2012, 11:38:26 am »

Stormies with dual schreks are pretty good, but by no means impossible or even that hard to counter. If they escape after hitting your tank you are doing it wrong. They are still just grenadiers, so kill them like grenadiers. Hell, no one complains that dual schrek grens are OP. So it must not be the weapons. This leaves either the little extra HP or the cloak as your reason for crying.

Cloaking is stupid in and of itself on every unit that has it, and I firmly believe that all bikes/jeeps/etc should have Infantry and Vehicle Awareness out to 20m or so. Hell, you could remove cloak except in cover from all units and make teh game better IMO.

I don't think it is fair to compare shrek storms to grens with shreks. You are missing a very big piece of the puzzle - cloak

Combining moving cloak with 120 damage is where the problem lies IMO. Bringing on a jeep to spot is destroyed within seconds.

Moving cloak on anything other then snipers is just retarded, but I doubt it will ever get removed.

If the BT refuses to adjust shrek storms, then I suggest we make jeeps and tommie recons capable of spotting cloaked storms well outside of the storms firing range. This unfortunately screws mp44 storms too.

Storms are not a big problem. Dual shreck storms are.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:00 am »

FYI, the Panzershreck has a 1.25 damage modifier with close range splash.

The target that is hit by a Panzershreck actually takes 150 damage, not 120.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:20 am »

I posted a long time ago the easiest method is to just remove the dual schrek option. Still decent AT, still cloaks, leaves the units buffed to make Stormies effective.

Sadly, BT is mostly clueless and we continue to get shit updates and changes.

Oh wait, we are doing ANOTHER doctrine rework, which will lead to a whole other pile of unit rebalacing and doctrine balancing. Great, cyclical balance....

Also, moving cloak even on snipers is stupid, they should have to setup, stay in position and fire from outside normal engagement ranges.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2012, 11:49:54 am »

I posted a long time ago the easiest method is to just remove the dual schrek option. Still decent AT, still cloaks, leaves the units buffed to make Stormies effective.

You do realise that is exactly what me and the other people arguing against stormtrooper double-shreks have been pushing for, right? Removing double-shreks as an option and keeping everything else the same? With perhaps some buffs to the stunted StG44 storm?

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2012, 11:51:30 am »

Oh wait, we are doing ANOTHER doctrine rework, which will lead to a whole other pile of unit rebalacing and doctrine balancing. Great, cyclical balance....

Also, moving cloak even on snipers is stupid, they should have to setup, stay in position and fire from outside normal engagement ranges.

tbh with the current changes i rly fear the new patch update. Hope they get the curve again ...

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2012, 11:54:24 am »

I disagree about the snipers. They can not kill their counter (jeeps/bikes) and have very low health. I guess if you made them real cheap, stronger they could loose the moving cloak. I don't think snipers are a problem, so really no need to adjust them.

I don't think we need to be making personal insults at the BT. You need to keep in mind that this is a very controversial topic with a lot of people of each side. Just because the BT does not follow your thoughts does not mean they should be slammed.

I completely disagree with the changes made to storms so far and feel they are not addressing the real issue. However, I respect the process they work with and that they may not always agree with what I or others think. Many people are happy they are not changing storms, so lets not be a dick with t he insults.....
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2012, 11:58:26 am »

You do realise that is exactly what me and the other people arguing against stormtrooper double-shreks have been pushing for, right? Removing double-shreks as an option and keeping everything else the same? With perhaps some buffs to the stunted StG44 storm?

Yes. I still don't think there is an issue with double schreks, coming from playing Armor all last war they weren't much of an issue. However, I do agree that if they need to be fixed that the best and simplest way to fix the issue is to remove the double schrek option.

Then again, I knew I needed a way to counter them, and used jeeps with BARs nearby to keep them away...
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2012, 01:14:09 pm »

Yes. I still don't think there is an issue with double schreks, coming from playing Armor all last war they weren't much of an issue.

excuse me?  u are nt playin anyway so how can u judge??
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2012, 01:37:17 pm »

excuse me?  u are nt playin anyway so how can u judge??

I play a few times a week.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:25 pm »

I dont find double schrecks to be as much of an issue lately but they've been a pain since i first started eir tho.

I dont know what to do to fix them, I just find it crazy that they took double schrecks from grens and made them a doc unlock and didn't do the same with storms, but now they are so I want to see how that works.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2012, 04:36:35 pm »

Storms that only walk, while invisible, extreamly exposed, and 2 shermans can take down 2 squads, and supress one with front armor facing,especially with 50 cals on top. 

2 squads of storms only hurt to rear armor hits, and when it gets down to 2 men. 

Yes, They CAN kill a jeep with 2-3 shrek hits, I have seen many jeeps take 1 hit because they expose them at a good size range.

Blitz has no indirect fire besides a mortar..... Yes its heavy Anti tank with Man Packed AT.... 

If this is changed, The jumbo needs to be nerfed down, because It Fill a heavy tank roll Infantry is missing, Double Shreck Fills that AT roll that Blit is missing, Without any Arty support. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2012, 05:12:00 pm »

Extremely exposed? While invisible? wat?

2 Shermans can take down 2 squads? Yeah, that's 24 pop of tank sat in front of the 10 pop of Storms. Said Blitz player could have a sodding Panther sat next to them with all that spare pop - Which would wreck your day. Oh wait, theory crafting! We avoid doing that in balance discussions for a reason (If I have to explain it, it's because it's circular logic and no fucker ends up going anywhere with it)

Blitz has the nebel as well as the mortar.

Not only that, wtf does indirect fire have to do with AT units? Indirect fire is for disposing of infantry/support weapons 99% of the time.

If you want to defend dual shreck Stormies that much Puddin, could you at least get some evidence that means something please? Some hard facts or?... You know. Just something lol.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 05:36:31 pm »

Hicks, because when looking at balace at a doctrine level you have to look at strengths and weaknesses.

They really should have more weaknesses in doctrines, with extreme specialization from T4's....
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »

Show me a pair of infantry that can survive dual shermans I'll show you OP.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2012, 05:54:58 pm »

Hicks, Considering the ONLY BUFF the Storms have gotten in 5 years, is Gren supression resistence.  Now, Since this Elite armor Bullshit tier 4 has come into play people complain they are to strong...

I think You need to open your fuckign eyes.  I Stated that they have had NO FUCKIGN CHANGES.

Tired of idiots in this mod who argue balence without thinking.  

So Riddle me this MR Facts Man.  

Why is it, After 5 years with only one change, a change that took place around 2 years ago when double shrek Grens were removed....(another disscussion for another day), is it now that they are an issue.....

OH SHIT BATMAN!!!! A TEIR 4 WITH ELITE ARMOR CAME OUT?  MONTHS AND MONTHS AGO?Huh O....M....G.... its only taken what, 6 months or 8 months for them to realy become an issue....

ya know what, theory crafting?  I bet if i look at your last 10 threads you speak of in balence, i will Put 100 dollars into the donationbox if 90% of them don;t include your ass theory crafting.  

long story Short, Storms have had 1 thing changed from VCOH..... And besides that budffed through doctrines..... Sounds liek the doctrine needs changing.  

Oh wait, That makes to much Sense... nerf them, change them, Make them EIr compliant so that no VCOH player can reconize them, Give them different abbilities, call them balenced change the doctrine, balence i again, change the doctrine to balence it, wait, change it all, Now revert it back and call it a day.  

I will save You time, Leave them the fuck alone, they are a doctrine specfic unit, thaat are very squishy and vulnerable and priced so astronomically high that its ludicrious....
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:34 pm »

Puddin,

Knock it off with the rage posts and personal insults or you will be removed from the balance forums.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2012, 07:13:43 pm »

Why is it, After 5 years with only one change, a change that took place around 2 years ago when double shrek Grens were removed....(another disscussion for another day), is it now that they are an issue.....

I don't really have time to file through all the threads, but a quick search shows me that dual shreks and storms in general have been a controversial subject since 2009.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=10450.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=9524.0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc